Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJW sigg 226 or MEU 1911

Options
  • 05-09-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Im thinking of buying a new pistol but really cant make my mind up on the sigg 226 or the MEU 1911 I was wondering if anyone can advise me.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

GlennGeo wrote: »
    Im thinking of buying a new pistol but really cant make my mind up on the sigg 226 or the MEU 1911 I was wondering if anyone can advise me.

Thanks

Get the TM 1911 MEU it is without a doubt the best pistol I've owned, or even used! Very reliable with excellent range.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭GlennGeo

Cool

I read that the mag on the 1911 is poor and breaks easy

Cool

I read that the mag on the 1911 is poor and breaks easy

After 2 years my mag is still going strong, you can also use bell and kjw mags in it too which are cheaper also than the tm mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Hi,

I have both of them and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I probably use the meu far more than the sig though.
    I've not had an issue with the mags on the meu, not so far anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

And Tercel (mag lips are a bit brittle though!).

• Advertisement

Yeh the MEU keeps grabing my attention on looks but the fact that i read the mags break easy turn me off it

Does the MEU eat the Gas up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Yeh the MEU keeps grabing my attention on looks but the fact that i read the mags break easy turn me off it

Does the MEU eat the Gas up?
    All pistols "eat" gas to differing extents, my 1911 was a particular c*nt for that, but the USP wasn't as bad. Full metal pistols tend to be much heavier on the gas as the slides are harder to push and they cool down easier, but ABS pistols or ones with ABS slides tend to be a bit more efficient.

Yeh I have two abs pistols 1 does take a lot of gas but the other is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Have WE MEU, and KJW 226 - both great in their own right. I bought the WE MEU over the TM because I wanted 15rd magazines - I know you could just load 15 rounds in the other, but I'm a fan of the single stack mags.

Both guns look the part, and have their quirks. I wouldn't choose one over the other, as I like both. The Sig is a beautifully mechanical piece - everything (and I mean everything) is exactly where you think it should be; slide release, mag release, hammer, decocking lever, take-down lever. It really is nice.

PS: I also would recommend considering the 229 - a more compact, and in my opinion, nicer looking, 226

The kjw sig pistol line are lovely guns but I've found they suffer horribly from the cold due to the full metal construction

• Advertisement

Does the Sig have a safety switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

No. It desn't.
    There is safety feature in one made by SIG SAUER - they do make airsoft version.
    Bit it is not copied in kjw.

Ah right its only a small thing but i would of liked it to have a safety

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Thanks

Sig Sauer P226. Buy it now. Thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The KJW sig 226's safety feature is it's decocking lever. The MEU has the beaver-tail safety + the regular slide-lock safety.

In my honest opinion, buy whichever you prefer the look of. Odds are you'll own both (and then some) in about 3 months

Yeh Cheers Inari

I more than likely will own both evenually

Advertisement