Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue tit checking out nestbox

Options
  • 05-09-2010 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

A couple of the usual blue tits that visit my garden were eating at the feeder this morning, and one of them flew across the garden and onto the nest box I made recently,he looked from left to right and up and down before clinging onto the hole in the box and peeping in quickly,and then flying away there was pigeons around so I think they made him nervous.

Is it too early for the blue tits to seek out a nest-box?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Certainly too early - even for a Winter roost. It was probably looking to see if there were any spiders or bugs in the new "hole" in a tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

Thanks for the reply, at least it knows about it now, and hopefully it will remember to use the box for its nest when the time is right. :)

Advertisement