Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Leaving Cert

Options
  • 05-09-2010 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Anyone do Italian??? I know its RARE but how did ye find the results, good or bad? Its usually done as a language subject that you can get a very good grade in without much study. True...........................????????.:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Anyone do Italian??? I know its RARE but how did ye find the results, good or bad? Its usually done as a language subject that you can get a very good grade in without much study. True...........................????????.:):):)

What other way could it be done???

Only about 300 do LC Italian. It follows the same type of course as French, German and Spanish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They do Italian in our school and the teacher seemed very pleased with how her HL class did.

For a laugh, I took a past OL Italian paper during the mocks, sat it never having studied Italian (but having a fair amount of common sense and some French, Polish and German) and got a D1, even without the aural.

I realise it was in the Ice Age when I did my Leaving, but since when do you answer large parts of a foreign language paper in English?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

spurious wrote: »
    They do Italian in our school and the teacher seemed very pleased with how her HL class did.

For a laugh, I took a past OL Italian paper during the mocks, sat it never having studied Italian (but having a fair amount of common sense and some French, Polish and German) and got a D1, even without the aural.

I realise it was in the Ice Age when I did my Leaving, but since when do you answer large parts of a foreign language paper in English?? :confused:

It's crazy really. I remember having a conversation with our German teacher about this before. It's possible to get a B on a JC paper (don't know about LC) in German without writing one single word of the language. I know some marks have to go for comprehension and understanding, but surely being able to write in the foreign language is a way of showing competency?

You should try the Russian paper next year :pac: Once you get your head around the Cyrillic alphabet you should have no problem with it if you have German and Polish!

Advertisement