Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matt Leinart cut

Options
  • 04-09-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭

Just on espn there now, hard to believe that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

WOW:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

They were trying to trade him during the week, must have been no takers. Getting beaten out by Derek Anderson doesn't bode well for his future.

Still very surprised to see him cut, given the lack of experienced back-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

I thought he played well against the Cowboys in the playoffs last season for the ten minutes or so he was on. Looked composed and completed a few nice passes. This does surprise me a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

People surprised? Jamarcus russell-lite tbh. Needs to spend less time in the nightclubs if he wants to a nfl QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

This would have been shocking a month ago. But given what has transpired it's a bit expected. It's good news for Max Hall who I can see replacing Anderson down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Leinart sucks. Great decision by the Cards, he just expected the job when Warner left. Terrible attitude.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Pete Carroll knows how to coach him, so the Seahawks should pick him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That would not surprise me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Alot of people in Arizona will be wishing some of Farve's ego had rubbed off on Warner when they were at Green Bay together!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Thank god he's gone the guy is a absolute *insert any number of insults here *. Hopefully he won't get signed now. Max Hall also impressed me so Cardinals can't be that far off that mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Pete Caroll traded away picks to sign Charlie Whitehurst to be his QB of the future. If he only had Matt Hasselbeck it would make sense to take Leinart but he has invested a lot in Whitehurst so it could be detreimental for the Seahawks to take him.

This isnt bad news for Leinart, lots of players get cut by the team that drafted them and go onto be functional starters at another team-look at the likes of Farve, Steve Young and Warner, to name just three. Leinart showed in college he has the skillset to be a good QB in the NFL, this should make him change his mental approach to the game which has been sadly lacking as a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

frostie500 wrote: »
    Pete Caroll traded away picks to sign Charlie Whitehurst to be his QB of the future. If he only had Matt Hasselbeck it would make sense to take Leinart but he has invested a lot in Whitehurst so it could be detreimental for the Seahawks to take him.

I will never ever understand why Carroll gave away so much to get the San Diego 2nd string quarterback on board. I also think Leinart has something to offer at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Archimedes wrote: »
    Leinart sucks. Great decision by the Cards, he just expected the job when Warner left. Terrible attitude.

It seems he really resented having to sit behind one of the better QBs to ever play the game. Ryan Leaf like in the attitude stakes.
    Stev_o wrote: »
    Thank god he's gone the guy is a absolute *insert any number of insults here *. Hopefully he won't get signed now. Max Hall also impressed me so Cardinals can't be that far off that mark.

He 100% will get signed somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I will never ever understand why Carroll gave away so much to get the San Diego 2nd string quarterback on board. I also think Leinart has something to offer at this level.

Whitehurst was the 3rd string QB realy.
    Billy Volek was always ahead of him

That's just a small point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Benimar wrote: »

Leinart has signed a one year contract with the Texans according to Jason La Canfora

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Benimar wrote: »

According to reports he has now signed with the Texans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Too many checkdowns, defenders were banking on it. Bad draft pick. More concerned with fact they've also let go a second rounder from last year. Not a good sign. Need to keep drafting well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

frostie500 wrote: »
    This isnt bad news for Leinart, lots of players get cut by the team that drafted them and go onto be functional starters at another team-look at the likes of Farve, Steve Young and Warner, to name just three.

Favre wasn't cut. He was traded to the Pack.

Wake up call for Mr Matt Leinart. Do you really want this job [as NFL QB]?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Favre wasn't cut. He was traded to the Pack.

Wake up call for Mr Matt Leinart. Do you really want this job [as NFL QB]?

Neither was Young he was also traded.

Definitely a wake up call. This will be his chance to prove he is a starter and worth his weight in gold. Time to put up or shut up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement