Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TECHNOLOGY PROJECT 2010/2011

Options
  • 04-09-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Does anybody no what the brief is or when it is out? & also when does it have to be in by?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

After October mid term. It is a general brief. They give you a topic and that is it, unlike the JC where they give you a few. It is ONE for the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

unknown13 wrote: »
    After October mid term. It is a general brief. They give you a topic and that is it, unlike the JC where they give you a few. It is ONE for the LC.

You sure it's not out already 'cause the DCG one is.

NotExactly wrote: »

Yes, did it last year and it came out after October mid term.

Also Burn that Blue book. It is useless.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

NotExactly wrote: »
    They seem to have adjusted the timetable for the DCG one this year, and brought the dates forward. No idea whether that applies to Technology though. Why not ask your teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Cool, I'm not the only one doing Tech this year. Seems like so few people do it!
    Agreed. Are there any other places to get good Tech notes for the exam?

• Advertisement

I don't know the name of the site but there is. The ICT question in 2010 was a HL business question.

Yes, did it last year and it came out after October mid term.

I no I'm repeating, I done it last year and got an A2 without any book.We just done out all the sample papers and the 2009 exam and used the website www.t4.ie
    They seem to have adjusted the timetable for the DCG one this year, and brought the dates forward. No idea whether that applies to Technology though. Why not ask your teacher?

Yes, DCG project is due the 14th of January which is better 'cause now we're workin' from the start and it doesn't clash with mocks/orals etc & 'cause i'm repeating so I haven't gone in yet.

Cool, I'm not the only one doing Tech this year. Seems like so few people do it!

Only about 50 schools in Ireland do Technology for the Leaving Cert but it's increasing a fair bit each year.

www.t4.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Apparently after 3 years people have finally seen sense. My teacher said the blue book has gone out of print :D and the new one will be out in March.
    'Bout time!

Apparently after 3 years people have finally seen sense. My teacher said the blue book has gone out of print :D and the new one will be out in March.
    'Bout time!

Wouldn't even buy the new one. The last one was a massive pile of crap and the books by that Author are rubbish aswell. The JC one was poor aswell.

'Bout time!

March? That's abit late. You reckon it's still worth getting then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

NO point at all in buying the god da*n awful book! That blue book from Gráinne Enright is the worst book ever, Very little details on anything and there are large parts of the course missing from it.

The aforementioned T4 website and just some books on your desired options is your best bet. Technology is not hard, a good few questions are general knowledge. Get a good project behind you with a neat folder and an A will be chicken feed. The theory is pretty easy. The Materials questions will be simple if you hae done either WoodWork or Metalwork in the JC. The ICT option is rather simple, just learn all the 'words' ie. Intranet, Computer Bus etc.

Noone in our class used the book.

I sincerely hope the project for Technology is nicer than last years :).

Advertisement