Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career path advice.

Options
  • 04-09-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi guys,

Looking for the opinion of an engineering graduate who's had work in his/hers related field.

I've finished an ordinary degree in Computer Engineering (B.Eng), my
    college are not going ahead with the planned honours degree due to the low number of interested students.

Instead they've offered us a new 'ad-hoc' course they've invented...maybe. Its a one year honours add-on degree called 'Entrepreneurship in Engineering' my problem is its a BSc, and I planned on doing an engineering masters in the future.

How do engineers with bachelor of science fair against ones with Beng in the workplace?

And should I take this flimsy alternative or try trasfering to DIT's computer engineering course which will most likely put me in 3rd year again with 4th still to do?

Any advice would be great.

In conclusion

My college -> Bsc -> MA = 2 years
    DIT -> Beng -> MA = 3 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭who_am_I?

I would transfer to DIT, in the great scheme of things one year is not a lot and you would have a better degree and be more employable.

I Googled the course, Is your college ITB?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dahamster

+1
    The transfer from an ord degree into year three of an honours degree accredited by EI is standard practice. This BEng will stand to you in the long run, and make it easier to do a research masters in engineering if you so wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 nVital

who_am_I? wrote: »
    I Googled the course, Is your college ITB?

Yeah ITB.

Thanks for both your advice, think you may have altered a major life decision :eek: ......for the better.

Thanks again lads.

Advertisement