Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Revision books?

Options
  • 04-09-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest good revision books for english maths accounting german and biology? Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Personally I always found revise wise the best. Hated the less stress, more success ones. There was another one I hated aswell but definitely in my opinion go for revise wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

For Biology, without a doubt, 'Essentials Unfolded' by Mona Murray. Its small so its easy to flick through before an exam or whatever and it has everything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Conor108 wrote: »
    For Biology, without a doubt, 'Essentials Unfolded' by Mona Murray. Its small so its easy to flick through before an exam or whatever and it has everything :)

I really thought that sucked. Probably the worst revision book ever in my opinion. The experiments were good in it though but that's about it.

Less Stress More Success for German is excellent. I try to keep away from revision books otherwise. Especially for theoretical based subjects like biology where it leaves so much out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

BL997X.jpg for biology, I found it really good. The essentials unfolded is good at the end for quickly looking through experiments or diagrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I found Revise Wise brilliant for Biology!! And I thought Less Stress More Success was quite good for Maths. For Accounting I don't think revision books are very good, bar the theory. And English, I do NOT recommend Less Stress More Success, not much use at all for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

English, Key Notes was brilliant for sample essays.
    233_EKN_Cover_2011_EKN_2010.jpg&au=attachments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Revise wise is brilliant for biology. Essentials unfolded was good for the morning of the exam to look over the mandatory experiments.

I had Poetry Now for class but it had great notes in the back. Pages of analysis on each poem with themes, style etc. Revise wise was quite good for paper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

BL997X.jpg for biology, I found it really good. The essentials unfolded is good at the end for quickly looking through experiments or diagrams.

This is what I got. I think its quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Biology - Revise Wise.

Got B's all the way through 6th year. Ended up getting this and just kinda read it a bit every night after I studied a chapter and I ended up getting an A2 :)

It has all the experiments done out , and some hard topics done in very easy steps (plant sex)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

thanks for the suggestions everyone! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

In your opinion what are the best revision books to get..Revise Wise,Less Stress More Success,Shortcuts to Success etc. I no,ofcourse it depends on what subject your doing. I'm doin' Ag Science,Economics,French & Biology. I wll not require them for Technoology & DCG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

NotExactly wrote: »
    In your opinion what are the best revision books to get..Revise Wise,Less Stress More Success,Shortcuts to Success etc. I no,ofcourse it depends on what subject your doing. I'm doin' Ag Science,Economics,French & Biology. I wll not require them for Technoology & DCG.

i didnt do biology but from what i've heard people seem to prefer the revise wise book by michael o'callaghan...its basically a condensed version of his mainstream lc textbook apparently. for french it is EXTREMELY difficult to get a good french revision book. I found nearly everyone i got absolute rubbish for the written section of the exam so i'd recommend using the internet links i've put up on the thread "Advice for incoming 6th Years". my friends say Shortcuts to Success- french oral is quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

NotExactly wrote: »

I used Rapid Revision for economics and found it very helpful, would recommend it! I got an A2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Revise Wise for Biology and Accounting are excellent. The English one isn't very good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

kmhenry wrote: »
    i didnt do biology but from what i've heard people seem to prefer the revise wise book by michael o'callaghan...its basically a condensed version of his mainstream lc textbook apparently. for french it is EXTREMELY difficult to get a good french revision book. I found nearly everyone i got absolute rubbish for the written section of the exam so i'd recommend using the internet links i've put up on the thread "Advice for incoming 6th Years". my friends say Shortcuts to Success- french oral is quite good

For french, the book, bac superier is very good. Great notes and very exam orientated. Its not a revision book, but its as good as.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

For english get KEY NOTES.......I did practically the whole course out of that book, it does every poem from each poet in detail and goes through each scene in your shakespeare play along with loads of sample exam answers. Get it soon though cause they sold out quick enough in easons where I live last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

For Biology DEFINITELY get rapid revision, our teacher pretty much taught us from that book and we all did really well, lots of a's:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Rapid Revision for economics. Think its the only one anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Sophia91 wrote: »
    For english get KEY NOTES

I second this, thought it was brillant! Other than that Revise Wise is good. For French you might already have it but Bien Dit is a really helpful.

Advertisement