Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call me a spa

Options
  • 04-09-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend and I just broke up. I still like her, she still likes me, she's just sick of fighting. So I am dressed up in a tux, about to get a taxi over to her gaff and ask for her back. Call me a spa, I actually don't care what you think. Not gonna post again till this has either succeeded or epically failed. I reckon 10% chance of success 90% failure.

If all else fails I have a bottle of Le Diablo Vert Absinthe. Which is enough to put me in a coma.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If all fails, try speaking like Spanish Buzz Lightyear. Swoon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You're not a spa. You're putting in the effort to make the relationship better, which is good.

However, you just broke up. You probably have more chance of getting her back if you give her space for a while. At the moment she is probably a bit irritated with you, so she doesn't want texts or phone calls from you, nevermind calling to the door, at least not until she has a chance to think things over.
    But then again what do I know!
    Best of luck anyway - nice touch with the tux, by the way :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Save the absinthe until you've got a few friends around to enjoy it with you. Drinking too much of it on your own will only end up making you feel worse anyway.

Best of luck though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Bring flowers. And chocolate. She can't say no then.

Best of luck, it's a really sweet idea. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

By the way drinking alcohol on your own is a sign of a drinking problem. I would be worried about that bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

jumpguy wrote: »
    If all fails, try speaking like Spanish Buzz Lightyear. Swoon.

Marry me? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

By the way drinking alcohol on your own is a sign of a drinking problem. I would be worried about that bit!

A bit OTT, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Huge respect for putting the effort in, maybe a bit of space would help both of you calm down though

I'd seriously reconsider the absinthe,you're not in the best state of mind and that much alchohol will only make everything worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

By the way drinking alcohol on your own is a sign of a drinking problem.

More a sign of no friends tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

I think that's unbelievably sweet errlloyd!:D
    If all else fails I have a bottle of Le Diablo Vert Absinthe. Which is enough to put me in a coma

If it does turn out that she's still upset or angry, please don't don't do this. She might just need more time, a little space (us wimmens are strange things altogether :P) so don't beat yourself up.

I hope everything works out for you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

mikom wrote: »
    More a sign of no friends tbh.

lol

Give her space, you're being incredibly naive about this. You broke up for a reason and a tux and call to her house isn't going to make things any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

For complex reasons, time and patience were unavailable to me.

On a more positive note. KAAAAAAAABOOOOOM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

errlloyd wrote: »

You came in your pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

mikom wrote: »
    You came in your pants?
    Hope the tux wasn't rented...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

errlloyd wrote: »
    For complex reasons, time and patience were unavailable to me.

demomanw.jpg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 cp9a

Ok. Your a spa.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think this thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement