Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Francie Daly Motors Closed?

Options
  • 04-09-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭

Was driving past a few days ag and it looks closed up. Is the Business gone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Yeah looks like it, pulled in for diesel the other day and realised it was closed. Such a pity, the only place in town that would fill it for you!

Loved it as with my daughter in the car, i didnt have to get out to pay and my mam used it all the time as she is disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Just realised, McInerneys on the Mill Road sell diesel and they fill it up for you! If anyones interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Used always get our petrol there too. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭NCG

Reopened yesterday after closing to "sort out some internal matters" and some "restructuring".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

NCG wrote: »
    Reopened yesterday after closing to "sort out some internal matters" and some "restructuring".

ths can be translated to mean......... clear off employees,im going outta buisness... when i open again you will all work for reduced rates etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

considering 3 of the Daly family work there, out of probably 7/8 employees in total, doubt too much untoward is going on... know they only bought the garage in 2006 after leasing it for decades... so I'm sure their under plenty of pressure from the banks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭golfball37

Martin is the owner now in any case, not Francie.

Lovely family and sound to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Nice to see it open again anyway. Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Lovely people the Daly's, glad to hear its open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bossman07

good to hear it,s re opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Chuileog wrote: »
    Lovely people the Daly's, glad to hear its open again.

Absolutely ... glad they're back. Really nice guys there & usually quite competitive price wise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

Callan57 wrote: »
    Absolutely ... glad they're back. Really nice guys there & usually quite competitive price wise too.
    old thread but...............

they are either excellent sales people or all the stock has been returned.

empty forecourt and rear yard,and no fuel pumps open. a deserted premises unfortunately these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

old thread but...............

they are either excellent sales people or all the stock has been returned.

empty forecourt and rear yard,and no fuel pumps open. a deserted premises unfortunately these days.

No loss if it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Is Banner Quick Fit on the Kilrush rd closed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Is Banner Quick Fit on the Kilrush rd closed too?
    No it's moved to beside Ennis Windscreens on Carmody Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Carazy wrote: »
    No it's moved to beside Ennis Windscreens on Carmody Street

Champion. I'll park there when I'm in town from now on because I know I won't get clamped. 'Customer parking only', but if there's no business... :)

Advertisement