Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS THIS THEM?! Evoloutions Revealed.... *Warning, picture heavy thread!*

Options
  • 04-09-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

So we've been waiting a loooong, long time to see the starters evolutions. Serebii is claming to have pictures to the new eveolutions of the starters but also says there is a slim chance they are fakes...
    However, I have seen some other pictures of the waters' second stage which matches what I've seen before at other sites... Take of it what you will but be warned they still could be fakes....

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Just checked Pokebeach, they have the pictures up as well, I think this really could be them folks!!!

http://pokebeach.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    So we've been waiting a loooong, long time to see the starters evolutions. Serebii is claming to have pictures to the new eveolutions of the starters but also says there is a slim chance they are fakes...
    However, I have seen some other pictures of the waters' second stage which matches what I've seen before at other sites... Take of it what you will but be warned they still could be fakes....

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Just checked Pokebeach, they have the pictures up as well, I think this really could be them folks!!!

http://pokebeach.com/

I like to look of the 3rd evolution of the grass pokemon. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

ah no way i was gonna pick Pokabu but the other twos evolutions are way better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

If this is correct, then I'm goin with Wotter

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

I've posted my views of these on several forums: I DO NOT LIKE THE 5TH GEN
    Tsutarja was awesome at first but 1st evo looks too similar and the 2nd evo is too complex for me; it loks sorta cool, but not great.Pokabu looked okay at the start. I said if Tsut's evos did not take my fancy, I might pick little piggy. The evos look horrible though and I dread another fire/fighting appearing:(Mijumaru was crap. It's first evo sorta reminds me of that weasel that evolves from a new mon i forget the name of at the mo XD. The final evo, I think it looks like a narwhal, actually looks pretty good but doesnt fit with the other 2.
    I think I might still pick Tsut.
    But the final grass and water evos look like they could be 2 of the legendary trio.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Smuggie's supposed evolution reminds me of the Bootleg Pokemon Diamond box art:
    diamondversionbox.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Grass evolutions are pretty cool. The rest not so much. Going to stick with my grass starter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I think I may be going with Wotter.

Awwww =( genki pig turned retarded. DO NOT WANT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't care for any of them. I liked the fan art when they first revealed the starters with the badass warthog evolution better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

I don't believe they are the starter evos. I vehemently denied it when they appeared first, and I'm still saying it.

Tsutaaja: Probably the best of them. Bit weird (read: suss) that the collar doesn't go all the way around the neck from the left-hand side. Neck-collar curl is waaay shorter on the left-hand side.

Pokabu: WTF? Seriously. He's all clunky and his final evo is like a Magmortar/Rhyperior love-child. And it looks like it's Fire/Fighting. Ew.

Mijumaru: That sickly-blue colour on the first stage evo is awful. The final evo looks great, but it's a huge leap from the first stage evo. A huuuuge leap.

Not happy. The sooner they disappear the better. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Smuggie's supposed evolution reminds me of the Bootleg Pokemon Diamond box art:
    diamondversionbox.jpg

Ha, I have a copy of Jade floating around somewhere, friend gave it to me.

New Coro-Coro images surfaced during the night. I would link all the images here, but the iPod is a bit crap at that, so have a link to Pokebeach instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Here's all the pictures here: *Apologies to all those on dial-up :P

corocoro-pages-2-3.jpg

corocoro-pages-4-5.jpg

corocoro-pages-6-7.jpg

corocoro-pages-8-9.jpg

corocoro-pages-14-15.jpg

corocoro-pages-28-29.jpg

corocoro-pages-32-33.jpg

corocoro-page-10.jpg
    corocoro-page-27.jpg

corocoro-pages-30-31.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Fire/Fighting for the third ****ing generation in a row?!?! Seriously, WTF?!?!?!

I know, and monotype Grass and Water starters, if the main websites are to be believed. :(

However - Shikijika's evo is awesome! The Summer/Autumn leaves could've been toned down a little, but still.

The monkeys are interesting (the two newest ones), and Boiling Water (a water move that can inflict burn) is great! I like Doryuuzu (the mole) too.

The mushroom/root+leaves/cloud Grass pokemon are fluffy shapes of rubbish. Bluergh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Fire/Fighting for the third ****ing generation in a row?!?! Seriously, WTF?!?!?!
    I wanted to believe they would go a different direction with it, I really did.. I mean would a flaming boar have been too much to ask? ;__;

On a side note, I like that Afro-Tauros in the 4th pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I take it people have seen this? I'm kinda hoping it's true tbh.
    24wrrzd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Craguls wrote: »
    I'm kinda hoping it's true tbh.

Hoping what part of it is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The fully evolved water 'mon just doesn't fit to me. I'm not 100% convinced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I dont think the final water mon is legit, it shares no common features as first or second evo, which goes against nearly every other evolution out there.

That also means im sceptical about the others too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

And let's not forget that the fire evolutions look, let's face it, shít. The earlier fan designs of the big badass boar were much better. When will CoroCoro be out btw?

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Hoping what part of it is true?

That they're fake. I like smugleaf's evo but after that it's downhill. Mijimaru's just seems too odd and different to the pre evo's then again remoraid and octillary have the same problem.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    And let's not forget that the fire evolutions look, let's face it, shít. The earlier fan designs of the big badass boar were much better. When will CoroCoro be out btw?

Sometime this week, Friday I think.

Yeah, but Pokabu's evo is on another page, so that rules out him being fake, and in turn the others too.

Looks like we're stuck with them. :(

ROM's are rumoured to be hitting the internet later this evening. We'll probably get the dex just before the release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just a reminder that there is to be no discussion of where to download roms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm still doubtful (or hopeful..). I mean the last water evo looks far too different to be plausible, so maybe..

I really hope that these are fakes too but if so nintendo are playin their cards really close to their chests the games out in like 2 days...:(

Not unless the official Japanese site is lying. A screen grab I took since it seems I can't save the link directly.

Actual page (in Japanese and may not work for non-members)

Not unless the official Japanese site is lying. A screen grab I took since it seems I can't save the link directly.

Actual page (in Japanese and may not work for non-members)

Thats an epic firefox theme you've got there :P

• Advertisement

popzmaster wrote: »
    Thats an epic firefox theme you've got there :P
    Thanks, Starters FTW :p

Advertisement