Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SanDisk - Sansa Fuze +

Options
  • 04-09-2010 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Cnet doing a quick video tour of Sansa's new 'Sansa Fuze +'.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/sansa-fuze/9742-1_53-50092499.html

New features seem to trump the need for Rockbox, namely, the support for unprotected Apple sourced AAC and H.264. Looks interesting. Not keen on the larger size of the player. I liked the shape of the original Fuze.

fuze5colors.jpg
    Specifications/Features:

* Capacities**: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
    * 2.4" bright QVGA screen (320 x 240, 30 FPS) LCD screen
    * Audio formats: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, Audible, Podcasts
    * Video formats: MPEG-4***, H.264, WMV and Flip Video™***
    * Photo formats: JPEG and BMP; photo formats can be further extended with Sansa Media Converter PC software download∞, enabling TIFF, GIF, and PNG formats
    * Digital FM Tuner with pause and record functions
    * Rechargeable battery lasts up to 24 hours for audio playback and 5 hours of video playback†
    * Hi-speed micro-USB 2.0 port
    * Expandable microSDTM card slot and microSDHCTM card slot
    * Ready for slotRadio™ & slotMusic™ memory cards
    * Sleek industrial design with “invisible” capacitive touch control and highly intuitive graphical user interface

Amazon.com (US) with various memory configurations and prices: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fuze%2B&x=0&y=0&tag=abi-frm-20

Sandisk Sansa Fuze + micro site: http://www.sandisk.com/microsites/sansafuzeplus/index.html?

---

I left the iTunes world behind me about 2 or 3 years back, dragging along a large clutch of .m4a audio files with me. I wonder does AAC support include the .m4a extension?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I suppose it depends on your needs, for my needs this brings nothing to the table so I'll be sticking with my Rockboxed clip+.

I can see nano users going for this, assuming they're not just after the apple logo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

It looks unnecessarily massive, prefer the size and design of the original Fuze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Engadget seem to be making excuses for the player too.

Some odd quirks, it will not display artwork from self ripped\created iTunes audio, only artwork from purchased iTunes audio. (AAC)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I had problems with album art with my Fuze too... until I Rockboxed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,865 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It looks cheap and nasty compared to a Nano. I can't see why any Nano user would want to downgrade to that.

Advertisement