Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Fashion

Options
  • 03-09-2010 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

I reaaaalllly want to work in a magazine or other on-line media writing about fashion. I have done a journalism course and tentatively started my own blog. Does anyone have any experience in this area/suggestions? Should I just start pitching ideas/articles to editors and try get a foot in the door?

Thanks for your help!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

My blogger friend wrote these helpful articles:

The Fashion Internship Guide

Remember that blogs are ten-a-penny now days, what makes yours different and stand out?

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ipadzz

That internship guide is very good and well thought through!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Keep at the blog, even if no one reads it. You may need examples of your fashion writing for an interview and you'll have a whole bank to pull from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

whats your blog called? im always looking for new blogs to read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ipadzz

I've a new-ish blog. Still finding it's feet and don't really know it's direction yet. Really just a mish mash of all my thoughts and inspirations but sure it'll find it's way!

http://ipadz.tumblr.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement