Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

egf funding problem

Options
  • 03-09-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

hi guys,my nephnew qualifies for egf funding as he used to work down in limerick for dell for 3 years.he,s starting college soon and the yearly fee is 3000e,as ul is catorised bye fas as a private college, fas will only pay half the fee 1,500e upfront and the remaining of it when he finishes the course next year.in the meantime my nephnew cant get the loan to pay rest of fee upfront so he,s kind of left in limbo.as the funding is coming from europe and was supposed to help retrain worker,s does any1 know why fas are being so unwilling to pay the fee upfront,surely they realise anyone unemployed wont get a loan from the bank.has any1 else had problems with the funding being released to them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i take it he's spent all his redundancy money then?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread moved from Limerick City Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is this a fulltime course in UL?

The following sources of finances may be an option

Vincent dePaul
    Credit Union Loan
    Local Partnership Organisation in Limerick

Also I know that Alan Kelly MEP did a lot of work to help out the Dell workers through the EGF - might be an idea to just contact him and see if he can help

http://www.alankelly.ie/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

I'll send you a PM with a few phone numbers to call.
    I haven't read the Edu charter on posting office numbers so I'm not going to, but if anybody else is in a similar situation google will turn up the contact information for the redundant workers association.

Remember the fund runs out in June so be careful signing up for long term courses.
    Edit: The Dell Fund, the Waterford one and the other companies having separate dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

xsiborg wrote: »
    i take it he's spent all his redundancy money then?
    paid of his debts i think,sure he was only there 2 or 3 years,id say he didnt get much.also thanks for all the privete messages,be great help in resolving this issue.thanks again guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement