Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

criminal record bureau checks

Options
  • 03-09-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hi all, im a student travelling to england to finish my degree and was wondering if anyone has had experience of the CRB check in the UK? what sort of documentation from ireland will i need? do i need birth certs and bills for my addresses? any help whatsoever would be very much appreciated? thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I've had a counter-terrorism one done in NI and afaik the process is fairly similar. I didn't need any proof of anything really, I just had to give a list of where I'd lived and the dates for each address going back 5 or 10 years I think and sign a declaration saying the info was true.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭poolsupporter

thanks for that, the university information is a little confusing. one person says you need this and then the next person says you that... thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I had to get 2 CRBs for jobs I had in the UK. You had to give a list of previous addresses going back a few years and I think I had to throw in a copy of the picture page of my passport too.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭poolsupporter

thanks for that, some of the students that are also travelling are under the impression that they dont need them... the course will have us working with vulnerable people so i cant imagine not being checked. ah well, ive a heads up anyway, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Just to let you know that in one of my jobs I was working with kids so I was also asked to get Garda vetting from Ireland done as well as the CRB. If you are working with vulnerable people you might get asked for both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Good point JohnMearsheimer. The CRB doesn't have much, if any, details of what you've been up to 'overseas' so it is less effective for foreign students. I know my list of addresses was like a world atlas when I had my terrorism check done, but maybe they have more records at their disposal than the CRB :P

Advertisement