Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon tournament

Options
  • 03-09-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭

It's not really supposed to properly be announced until tomorrow, but just for you lot, I'll give it to you now :P
    Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver:
    • Only Pokémon HeartGold or Pokémon SoulSilver are permitted.
    • All players must bring their own DS and their own copy of the game. No R4's or equivalent flash carts or emulators are permitted.
    • All players are recommended to have their DS fully charged before the day, and to bring a DS charger, just in case.
    • All players must fill out the associated teamsheet.
    • No hacked Pokémon are permitted. Teams will be checked prior to the start of the tournament.
    • Games consist of four Pokémon from each side in a double battle format, and will be set to Auto Level 50 format.
    • No Pokémon from the banlist are permitted on a player's team.
    • Standard competitive rules apply - No one-hit KO moves, Sleep clause, Species clause, Item clause, Evasion clause.
    • All games have a ten-minute time limit. At time, the player with the most Pokémon remaining is deemed the winner. If both players have an equivalent number of Pokémon left, one final turn will be permitted; if still tied, a judge's decision will be made based on the status of both parties.
    • Banlist: Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Giratina (both forms), Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Shaymin (Sky form), Wobbuffet, Wynaut.

And two other bits to note.
    All Games:
    • Any player interrupting a round, either by pausing the game, unplugging a controller, turning the console off, running out of battery (for DS only) or similar either forfeits that round for multi-round games (SF4, BlazBlue), or is disqualified for single-round games (SSBB, MW2, SF4, Mario Kart, Halo).
    Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh:
    • Any player reported to be stalling, or causing undue delay to kill time, will be issued with a warning. On their second offence, the player will either be forced to concede the Duel (Yu-Gi-Oh), or disqualified (Pokémon).
    Size increased for emphasis.

And before you start on me, it's restricted to HG/SS only because of the auto-levelling feature. We really don't have the time to do what happened at Nom with EVERY game on PBR and taking seven hours.
    The final stages may happen on PBR, probably all depends on whether Mairéad's around (:P) or if we can source out another copy.

Let the trolling commence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

TheChrisD wrote: »
    It's not really supposed to properly be announced until tomorrow, but just for you lot, I'll give it to you now :P

And two other bits to note.

Size increased for emphasis.

And before you start on me, it's restricted to HG/SS only because of the auto-levelling feature. We really don't have the time to do what happened at Nom with EVERY game on PBR and taking seven hours.
    The final stages may happen on PBR, probably all depends on whether Mairéad's around (:P) or if we can source out another copy.

Let the trolling commence.

Yay! Thanks ChrisD. ^^ I'm really looking forward to the tourney now, I just need to get my team ready, pre-order an Eirtakon ticket and then I should be all set. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

awesome, can't wait for this

Advertisement