Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year options (Irish/Spanish/Economics)

Options
  • 02-09-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey there, I'm heading into 2nd year arts this month, and currently having a bit of a problem deciding what two subjects to follow on with, at the moment I'm trying to decide between Irish, Spanish and Economics. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who's done/doing these subjects, and could give me a bit of advice.
    Just wondering mainly, firstly for Irish, what are the lectures like in 2nd year like and how much of a step up in level of Irish is needed from first year? And also wondering about economics, how difficult does it get in 2nd year, and again, what are the lectures/lecturers like? And what type of careers can you do with an economics degree?
    Anything at all you can think of about those three subjects would be great, esp any reasons why someone should take/avoid any of them I need all the info I can get! Cheers for any help :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you want to teach, Spanish and Economics are the very subjects I've heard lack teachers. Do a European language definitely - so many jobs are bilingual. And Spanish isn't just European - it's even a necessity for jobs in certain parts of the US.

Feck it, wish I'd worked harder at Spanish and kept it on for my degree... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Padraig_joe

Cheers for the advice, I was thinking I'd do Spanish alright, I like it, and yeah, I think it'll be easier to get jobs with another language. Now I just need to decide what subject I'm going to do with it!

Advertisement