Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I shall wear midnight

Options
  • 02-09-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Anyone got it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

angelll wrote: »
    Anyone got it yet?

Amazon are starting to post them out. I got an email saying mine was dispatched on wed 1st sept, expected to arrive 7th Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 darksharkster

angelll wrote: »
    Anyone got it yet?

Waterstones have it at half price today, hardback at 11.50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Got it and read it. :)

I'm not especially a witches fan - I loves my Night Watch books so I does - but I really enjoyed this book.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

I haven't read any of the Tiffany Aching books - I've read all the other Discworld novels. The "Young Adult" tag put me off, even though I liked the Bromeliad (also for younger readers).

Is there much difference in style between the YA Discworld books and the rest? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

No,they're very similar in style imo. I've read all of them...the johnny maxwell ones,the Bromeliad ones,the tiffany aching ones and the discworld ones. A few well known witches have been known to make an appearance in the Tiffany ones too ;) . Still haven't got the book,can't wait to read it now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Looking forward to reading it. I'm a new convert to the discworld series and just love it. Working my way through them, You got to love Death!!:D

Got the book today finally,can't wait to read it tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Just finished it. It's brilliant - I'd nearly say his very best, but Unseen Academicals may just pip it.

I wouldn't be put off at all by the "young adult" tag - it just means the story is a little simpler, but in much the same way as "Maurice..." it's very very Discworld, just not set in Lancre (though it features) or Ankh Morpork (though it features) but in a new setting entirely.

Would love to discuss the ending when people get a chance to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

It's a wonderful book. Dark, which is right and proper. :) I thought the antagonist was a bit too simple a character, but it's not like it was about the antagonist anyway. A fitting ending.

Just finished it :) . Loved it,it was a more 'grown up' tiffany book,she's really becoming an adult now. I hope there will be more of her story to come in the future..Loved that eskarina made an appearance again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Darragh wrote: »
    Just finished it. It's brilliant - I'd nearly say his very best, but Unseen Academicals may just pip it.

I wouldn't be put off at all by the "young adult" tag - it just means the story is a little simpler, but in much the same way as "Maurice..." it's very very Discworld, just not set in Lancre (though it features) or Ankh Morpork (though it features) but in a new setting entirely.

Would love to discuss the ending when people get a chance to read it.

Unseen Academical s the best, really? I wouldn't rate it any where near as high. Middle at best although it could of been great.
    I liked the Tiffany books. Is it better than that winter one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Completely the best in terms of character development, plot twists, incorporation of story and introduction to different sides of Ankh Morpork I think! Can't think of many others I'd rate as highly as Unseen.

With regards to Midnight, yep, again a big improvement on Wintersmith.

What are your favourite Discworld books then? Are you a Witches/Wizards/Watch/Other fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I like the wizards and I think that why I was disappointed with Unseen, they weren't utilized enough.
    Like the withces as well but Carrot, Noobs and Sam Vimes are my favorite. And Colon cant forget him. Jingo might be my favorite, changes all the time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Just finished. Top stuff once again. This is coming from a Guards/Rincewind fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

I haven't read any of the Tiffany Aching books - I've read all the other Discworld novels. The "Young Adult" tag put me off, even though I liked the Bromeliad (also for younger readers).

Is there much difference in style between the YA Discworld books and the rest? :confused:

There is a bit but I actually much prefer it. They're brilliant books.

Advertisement