Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.....and the title of the book is...??

Options
  • 02-09-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Help, I read a book as a young one(many moons ago) about a linesman in America who had red hair and only one hand, but who still won out in love in the end!!! I really would love to read it again but can't remember the title or the author! Anybody have an idea where to find out about it even if ye don't know what the heck I am rabbitting on about??
    Many thanks, Ma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I have no idea and I'm sorry but I'm gonna piggyback on your thread

I read about half a book that was by an Australian author I think, it was definitely based in Australia. It was about this man and his son and he was bringing up his son in a highly unorthodox manner, shunning society etc although the son eventually ended up going to school. The constructed a maze and they each built a house in there and the father was having a relationship with a militant lesbian (I think)

I also think that, as the son narrates the book, that he began by saying that he was one of the most hated men in Australia for what he did and that he killed his father

I apologise for how hazy this is but I read all of this in a day and a half when I was stuck in a spot and I couldn't take the book with me

It seemed like a great book though, a real rambling narrative style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 helenofpoi

little ma wrote: »
    Help, I read a book as a young one(many moons ago) about a linesman in America who had red hair and only one hand, but who still won out in love in the end!!! I really would love to read it again but can't remember the title or the author! Anybody have an idea where to find out about it even if ye don't know what the heck I am rabbitting on about??
    Many thanks, Ma

Possibly http://www.amazon.com/No-Excuses-Congenital-Champion-Wrestling/dp/0895260115 ? I remember hearing something about it before, not sure if it's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It wouldn't be something like Johnny Tremain, would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

nope, in the same genre alright but he was in the forests, walking the line and hitting the wire with a stick held in his one good hand....!!!!
    Sad I know, but I still would like to read it again.

Advertisement