Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Road Racing Bicycle 100e

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Im looking for a road racing bicylce in the 100euro bracket. Just looking to pick one up so I can do a bit of cross training in it.

Height = 5ft 11in with inseam of 32.5in
    Frame size = 56cm

If you have a bargin close to that frame size. Give me a shout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Have a oldish steel framed bike that i would like to get rid off looking for around 150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭pmcd22

mike12 wrote: »
    Have a oldish steel framed bike that i would like to get rid off looking for around 150

Can you give me a bit more information about it. such as the frame size. condition. etc.

Can you take a picture of it and upload it here.

Thanks in advance.

ill try and get pics tm its a bit wet for it this evening.

Hi,
    Having probs with the pics details are its a falcon proline 14 gears, quick release front wheel old style gear changers on the frame everything working properly cage pedals schwalbe kevlar city marthon tyre on the front and schwalbe delta cruiser on the back max Pyrenees saddle by stelle very comfy no need for padded shorts on a short commute. only prob is that the seat post is stuck so if you are not in the 5 8 to 6 foot range it might be big/small. Can take a couple of pics on my phone and send it to u if u are still interested if u want to pm me your no. Will try and gets pics up here. Not sure how to measure the frame.
    Mike

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What size are you mike12? and does the bike fit you OK?

im 5 10, fits me fine not sure if there is anyway to get the seat post out id say it would be fine for anyone up to the 6 foot mark.

Sory for the delay. just new to boards, usually got notification from the first few messages on here so i thought you had not replied by then.

Bike looks great, pity about the seat alright but im sure someone could sort it out.

Anyways, To measure the frame, check out the link below. Good video on it will show you
    http://trekroadbike.co.cc/frame/how-to-measure-a-bike-frame/

Location wise, Im located in the Galway area. where you situated?

Sorry again for the delayed response.

23 inches 581/2 cm am based in dublin but will be down in mayo in the next couple of weeks near dunmore if that any good

since I was looking for a bike in the 100mark. You said around the 150mark. Try meet more than half way. How does 130euros sound? I can wait a couple of weeks till your coming down to Mayo.

• Advertisement

Think i might be heading down this weekend Price should be ok if no one offers me more in the mean time, where in galway u based not sure if i will be back driving at the weekend.
    Mike

im from Loughrea. i will be heading to Mayo in the weekend as well so hopefully our paths will cross.

I plan to be in Belmullet on Friday. I will be passing Tuam/Miltown/Ballindine/Claremorris/Balla/Castlebar

im heading up for the Triathlon on Saturday morning in Rossport and around sixish i be heading for a night out back in Westport.

Sunday morning i be heading back to Loughrea so free all that day from around 11 in the morning.

I pm my number there to you. Hopefully we can arrange a meeting place and time.

from near ballyhaunis so when u are around claremorris we could meet up ill pm u my no wont be down until friday night

I can wait around longer on Friday night till around 9.30pm. Will you be around claremorris then? Do you have an idea of what time you be down there at so I know what time to leave from Loughrea?

Could not say until i leave here have a toddler to organise best i could do is let u know when im leaving here but hope to be down early enough

Ya that be grand, just give me a call or text when you leaving. C ya then

Looks like i will be heading down early will text u tomorrow about a time and place

i have a fellow to bring u from Limerick so wont really be hitting Claremorris now till around 7. He just told me there he wont be finish college till 3pm.

If you cant wait around at that time, i could head a bit out of my way and meet you down in Athlone. I guess you pass that way to Mayo

Advertisement