Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats.

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else repeating 6th year? After getting 375 in the leaving and not getting a single offer I'm in the midst of trying to get my school to let me repeat. I done transition year as well so this is going to be my 7th year in the school. I've a feeling I'm not going to enjoy this haha.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

I'm repeating too!! Big difference between mine and your situation though. I did my LC in 2007 and the results matched my attitude. So after 3 years of soul searching I chose what I wanted to do career wise, I weighed out my options and decided repeating was my only option. Then I had to decide between my previous school or to go private. Didnt have seven grand in my pocket so public all the way!:D Dreaded the first day, I knew hardly anyone! Still know hardly anyone!! Sorry about my rant :eek: How are you finding repeating?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Dont worry Jay if you get in my class Ill make it a fun year for ya. ;)

Why wont they let ya repeat? The same old story about it being too full?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Vodkat wrote: »
    I'm repeating too!! Big difference between mine and your situation though. I did my LC in 2007 and the results matched my attitude. So after 3 years of soul searching I chose what I wanted to do career wise, I weighed out my options and decided repeating was my only option. Then I had to decide between my previous school or to go private. Didnt have seven grand in my pocket so public all the way!:D Dreaded the first day, I knew hardly anyone! Still know hardly anyone!! Sorry about my rant :eek: How are you finding repeating?

Well technically I haven't got the all clear to repeat yet, I was holding out for the second round today but still didn't get what I wanted. I'm going into the school tomorrow to talk to the guidance counsellor/principal about it. I really hope I'm allowed as I don't have a clue what I'm going to do if not.

Also, good on you for figuring out what you want and doing it!
    Jaafa wrote: »
    Dont worry Jay if you get in my class Ill make it a fun year for ya. ;)

Why wont they let ya repeat? The same old story about it being too full?

I'll be in your chemistry class anyway if I get in. Not sure the details on it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭irish_man

yea i'm repeating.
    has to be done. i won't like it but it will be better for me in the long run.
    i did ty too. it won't be as bad as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

JayEnnis wrote: »

I'll be in your chemistry class anyway if I get in. Not sure the details on it to be honest.

I looking forward to seeing ya there. Theres already one lad who repeated after joining our English class....so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Could easily do a PLC and get more points to add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

irish_man wrote: »
    yea i'm repeating.
    has to be done. i won't like it but it will be better for me in the long run.
    i did ty too. it won't be as bad as you think.

I certainly hope not!
    Jaafa wrote: »
    I looking forward to seeing ya there. Theres already one lad who repeated after joining our English class....so...

Yeah Aidan, he was sick during the LC though.
    Mak_United wrote: »
    Could easily do a PLC and get more points to add on.

From what I understand if I do a plc I can only use the points for IT's?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

JayEnnis wrote: »
    From what I understand if I do a plc I can only use the points for IT's?

Not necessarily, though there are more IoT courses accessible by that route.

You would want to check out admission requirements for the college / course you want.

Advertisement