Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anki/ other computer studying programmes

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Has anyone here got any experience with using anki or any of the other computer programmes available for help with studying?Just wondering if they are any good and what subjects they are helpful for(apart from languages)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

I used Anki only for a brief period near the end, but I can't really praise it enough. It's great for anything that requires rote learning, languages and quick bursts of revision. I don't really know of other such tools, but I can't see them besting Anki at it's job :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

i downloaded it but the only subject I could find that I'm doing was german and all the words were wrong! so I didn't have a good experience with it but if you can find your subjects in the list it might be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

Ditzie wrote: »
    i downloaded it but the only subject I could find that I'm doing was german and all the words were wrong! so I didn't have a good experience with it but if you can find your subjects in the list it might be good

The whole point is to make your own deck! You could make one for anything really, it's just like doing out notes. The actual process of making them helps you learn, and then you use the app to gauge your recollection and understanding. I would only really recommend using another deck if note taking just doesn't do it for you, or it's a vocabulary list/list of things you just need to memorise.

Advertisement