Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History research project title

Options
  • 02-09-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys, i have just started 6th year and my history teacher wants us to have our research project done by November, i have chosen the topic "The Einsagztgruppen, but i can't think of a title for this.
    He wants us to take our topics form a certain angle so i really need help or ideas on a specific title to choose
    any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

wesker099 wrote: »
    Hey guys, i have just started 6th year and my history teacher wants us to have our research project done by November, i have chosen the topic "The Einsagztgruppen, but i can't think of a title for this.
    He wants us to take our topics form a certain angle so i really need help or ideas on a specific title to choose
    any help would be appreciated!!
    How about, Heydrich and the Einz...then you could deal with how he got into the Nazis, and his assassination by the Czechs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 arryanna

Hey, I've just finished the L.C and got an A1 in this subject so I reckon I can shed some light on this for you :) Firstly its a good idea to spend some time choosing your topic carefully; some of my classmates just couldn't decide and ended up missing the deadline. I did mine on The Hunger Strikes in N.I, I did a focus on Bobby Sands vs. Thatcher. If you pick an interesting topic then 1,500 words will just flow. Don't get bogged down on the title, its not that important really. Make sure you have a few good sources, I recommmend more primary than secondary. Also another point worth noting is that students who write it on an aspect of their local history usually score higher, two of my classmates did theirs on their local history and they both got A's. I can't think of anything else to say other than don't stress, you've plenty of time and most students do very well for the project. I think the majority of students get 17% or more in it as its the only part of the paper you've complete control over.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

arryanna wrote: »
    Also another point worth noting is that students who write it on an aspect of their local history usually score higher, two of my classmates did theirs on their local history and they both got A's.

+1, or at least Irish history if you can....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Junior D wrote: »
    +1, or at least Irish history if you can....

Basically you want to cover something that the examiner hasn't read about ten times already that morning.

I got the A1 with a project on the 1977 Panama Canal Treaties.

I also toyed with something based on the title "Michael Collins: Minister of Finance".

Basically you want to be interesting and original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Massacare at Katyn

Lot of controversy over it.
    Russia did it to the Polish, they blamed the Germans and a lot of propaganda came from it.

Wasn't a well known incident when I did it, in recent years they've released a film, it's up on youtube

Pick something interesting and different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

I did the Last days of adolf hilter for mine and when i checked it yesterday i got full marks for it. I didn't do any reseach for it i just got it all of wikipedia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

loike wrote: »
    I did the Last days of adolf hilter for mine and when i checked it yesterday i got full marks for it. I didn't do any reseach for it i just got it all of wikipedia.
    would not recommend this. for one, adolf hitler would be a very popular topic. remember the more obscure, the better. less chance the examiner will know much about the topic and see mistakes.
    second, the only good thing about wikipedia is the sources it gives. only use them for finding stuff. do not get info direct from it. the examiner will be able to tell if it's been copied & pasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

"The Einsatzgruppen" is very broad, concentrate on: a) A particular massacre (e.g. Babi Yar) or b) A particular Einsatzgruppe (e.g. Actions of Einsatzgruppe B in Belarus) or c) The Einsatzgruppe Trial after the war and the fates of the leaders (e.g. Hermann Fegelein, Arthur Nebe and Dr. Dr. Otto Rasch)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hellzer

Hi I'm doing my history project on Harvey Milk, and was wondering what kind of angle I should use? Or does there need to be an angle?

Advertisement