Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with music practicals

Options
  • 02-09-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I know this is probably very early in the year to be talking about this but I need to know whats involved in the music technology section of the practicals, (i want to do all music technology), i know all about the copying a musical score onto a computer and i'm quite good at it but there is another part to it that involves backing tracks, any info that you could give me would help alot...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

So are you not playing an instrument/singing?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

i did that last year! well basically you have to use music programmes on the computer to create a backing track which you will play along with on the day. The backing track is done during the year and then on the day you just explain how you made it. I used about 4 seperate programs but i think you don't have to use that many. how are you going to do it does your school have the programmes?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Paul.M92

well our school uses the finale package on mac and i think they use garage band aswell... I might play the piano to the backing track but i'm not completly sure if I will sing to it yet... I'm doing my grade 6 piano but i still can't play 2 out of my three pieces for that and I know if I do this I can put much more time to focus on my other (weaker) subjects than exhausting myself trying to take on everything... Thanks for you help, I think this give me an oppurtunity to make an informed decision:):D:):D

Advertisement