Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PrePay /Pay as you go home phone

Options
  • 02-09-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Everyone,

Do you think a prepay home phone (landline) service would work in Ireland? Working the same was as the current mobile services whereby you could buy credit in a shop or online to top up?

Would a prepay landline service work in Ireland? 1 vote

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    kennyp 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This is not a consumer issues, your in the wrong form, your should be here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106 you wondering about start up ideas and as a start up idea it's not great, more people are moving to their mobiles every day. The only reason a lot of people still use landlines are because they are forced to have one by the telco's such as eircom. I don't think your idea would work and blueface have already pre pay landline numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kennyp

No
    Thanks DM,

I have had a number of people ask me why Telecos dont do it - I agree that many people only have phone lines for Broadband and not for calls. People are moving towards mobiles but if they could utilise their existing landline to make cheaper calls without having varing bills do you think it would work? I understand that blueface do something like that but a little different.

Thanks

K

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Eircom did offer little white payphones for homes in the past. I remember all the scrooges getting them until it became known that if you pushed a watch strap down hard to the bottom left of the coin slot, punched in **** #### 0000 free dial came up on screen, and you could ring internationally if you wanted, but the phone owner still had it on their bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

drunkmonkey - If you believe that a thread is in the wrong forum, please report it to the moderators via the Report Post functionality. By telling the poster to post in B rather than A, we often end up with duplicate threads around the place.

dudara

Advertisement