Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber frame & window's

Options
  • 02-09-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am planning on building my new home around this time next year, I am planning on a build of 2500sq/f two storey. I am in the trade myself and planning on doing most of the work myself, the only things I won't be doing is plumbing, electical and blocks but I have some good friends in them trades, I have worked out that I will finish my house to paint for around 110k, a lot of this will be cash.
    I got a price recently for the timber frame for 30k erected. I can remember back in the boom of people importing timber fame and windows from eastern Europe, but unfortunatly I have lost these contacts.
    Just wondering if anyone here has any experience in importing or even have some contacts where I might be able save myself money, I can get my kitchen in from eastern Europe and I am saving about 4k.
    Any help appreciated.
    Mods hope I'm not breaking any rules here.

Advertisement