Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd year english (arts)

Options
  • 02-09-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering does anyone know when we must pick our seminars? That day we must all queue up for ages.

I'm hoping that I wont be away for it :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Hello there :D

Last year seminar choosing day was September 23rd 2pm-4pm in WGB G14.

I queued from 7/8am to 2pm to get the seminars I want. Yes it was necessary and yes, it was worth it.

I'm going to give you a bit of advice that has worked a treat for us the past:

It's called.... THE BOOK. :eek:

The idea is, the first few people that arrive at the queue for seminars get a book, sign their names, and student numbers in the book in the order they arrived (1,2,3 etc).

It take a few people to implement the book, get the people that turn up to sign it, and make sure that it's done fairly. It takes balls, and yes, you'll get grief for it, but at the end of the day, it's worth it.

Just make sure that when the time comes to go and pick the seminars there's someone at the door calling numbers 1-10 to the door. The English department don't care that every year there's chaos with this, so a few of us believed that The Book system was the only fair way to do it.

Hope this helps and that you get the seminars you want. I highly reccomend Barry's film one, and Orla's te[/ch]tuality one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Hello there :D

Last year seminar choosing day was September 23rd 2pm-4pm in WGB G14.

I queued from 7/8am to 2pm to get the seminars I want. Yes it was necessary and yes, it was worth it.

I'm going to give you a bit of advice that has worked a treat for us the past:

It's called.... THE BOOK. :eek:

The idea is, the first few people that arrive at the queue for seminars get a book, sign their names, and student numbers in the book in the order they arrived (1,2,3 etc).

It take a few people to implement the book, get the people that turn up to sign it, and make sure that it's done fairly. It takes balls, and yes, you'll get grief for it, but at the end of the day, it's worth it.

Just make sure that when the time comes to go and pick the seminars there's someone at the door calling numbers 1-10 to the door. The English department don't care that every year there's chaos with this, so a few of us believed that The Book system was the only fair way to do it.

Hope this helps and that you get the seminars you want. I highly reccomend Barry's film one, and Orla's te[/ch]tuality one. :D

Nicole, I'm actually nodding my head and smiling as I read this because I remember the chaos last year when lining up for the 2nd year seminars.....we had a history lecture beforehand so we left it till either 12 or 1...boy did I regret not going there early!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

The Book sounds like a great idea!

I remember last year I had the flu so wasn't able to queue up, so didnt have the face the chaos:p

Advertisement