Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance Learning Options - Advice?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.
    I would like to undertake a distance learning postgrad (higher diploma, masters etc).
    I have an Ordindary Degree (Level 7) in Information Technology and Sytems awarded by DIT.

I am open to courses in the areas of IT, Business, Finance etc
    Can anyone advise of institutions that offer these sort of courses through distance learning and also accept me at Ordinary Degree (Level 7) - many that I have found so far look for Honours Degrees (Level 8)
    Any advice here is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Doh! Ignore me.

I didn't read the Original Post properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

I was in a similar situation last year - wanted the option to go on and do a Masters if the opportunity arose but I only had an ordinary degree. Most Irish universities wanted Hons degree minimum for entry to a masters course.
    I did a postgrad cert with the OU and had no problem with entry requirements.

According to this booklet from the NFQ a postgrad cert is a Level 9 qualification so it should be more than acceptable for entry into a masters course - http://www.nfq.ie/nfq/en/documents/qualscancrossboundaries2009.pdf
    I could also continue with the OU and the Postgrad Cert as part of a masters course with them. (If money wasn't so tight at the moment that is what I would be doing).

Have a look at the course offerings here...
    http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/index.htm

Advertisement