Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Common Sense as Gaeilge?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 3:01pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Táim ag iarraidh smaoineamh ar seo. Táim cinnte gur úsáid mo mhúinteoirí 'common sense' nuair a bhí mé ar scoil. Ach an bhfuil Gaeilge air?

GRMA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Foclóir Uí Dhónaill and Foclóir de Bhaldraithe both cite it simply as Ciall, without any adjective or additional noun.

I suppose Irish doesn't feel the need to differentiate between common sense and uncommon sense. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Gael wrote: »
    Foclóir Uí Dhónaill and Foclóir de Bhaldraithe both cite it simply as Ciall, without any adjective or additional noun.

I suppose Irish doesn't feel the need to differentiate between common sense and uncommon sense. :)

I'd say ciall chomónta as there is already ciall cheannaithe (acquired sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

What about
    ciall choitianta ??

Advertisement