Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO: Round 2 points not listed for some courses?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Just looking at CAO round 2 courses here: http://www2.cao.ie/points/LVL76_2010_RND2.HTM

Some of the courses don't have any points listed for round 2. What does this mean?

Does that mean all the places were filled in round 1 or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

ya that means there were no offers in round 2 cause the course was filled in round 1.......Did you get wat u wanted anyways?!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Sophia91 wrote: »
    ya that means there were no offers in round 2 cause the course was filled in round 1.......Did you get wat u wanted anyways?!

Yeah I sure did! :D

I was just checking a friend's course, it increased 85 points this year and he was just 5 points under, so I thought it might drop 5 points in round 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

yep. no round 2 points listed or the same figure means that all the places were snapped up in round 1 and no one who got a place rejected it.
    85 points is a huge jump! Hope your friend isnt too disappointed. This year there were increases in loads of the courses because of all the people going back to retrain in different areas or looking to upgrade their skills. Knock on affect of our lazy government not creating jobs for the 450,000 on the dole.

Advertisement