Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying advice

Options
  • 02-09-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm looking for some advice about changing my car.

I drive a 2008 Golf and want to upgrade to an Audi A4. I was hoping to buy a 2010 Audi maybe ex-demo from a dealership? I would part exchange my Golf which has only 18,000 k on the clock and is fairly high spec.

Should I wait until the new year in the hope of a good deal on a 2010 Audi from a dealer? I know my Golf will also drop in the new year too but maybe the differential will be more for the new Audi? Would I be likely to get an equally good deal on a 2010 Audi over the next couple of months as the dealerships look to clear their stock?

Advice anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Most people wait until the new year, look at the sales figures month by month. I reckon seeing as it's a 2010 A4 you want, then you'll probably get a better deal in the next 3 months as they get quieter and need to meet targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Alot of main dealers have their fleet cars coming back from this month. They usually price them similar to what they will fetch at 12 months old. They generally have around 15k to 20k miles on the clock but will still have the balance of the manufacturer's warranty and a full service history.

At this time of year there should be more of a desire by dealers to sell used cars as new car sales tend to peter out in the last quarter of the calendar year.

I reckon this will cost you €13,000 to €16,000 ish.

Is the Golf petrol or diesel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rocuronium

It's a petrol engine

Advertisement