Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find out 2nd round offer early?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

So I was on the cao website and found something interesting. As soon as I logged in I clicked on the level 8 available places button near my choices. Then proceeded past the details page. There was a table with my choice and a bold red "Accepted" beside the course I chose. Normal enough. But on the choice above it it said offered. I assume this means I'll be offered it tomorrow morning. A nice little tip for people banking on the 2nd round I thought :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I cant see that anywhere? Probably because I havent been offered anything more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ColRyan

Just to clarify, as soon as you log in, there's an "Add level 8 available place courses" button. Click that. It brings you to an instruction page. Progress past that and thats the page you want.

ColRyan wrote: »
    Just to clarify, as soon as you log in, there's an "Add level 8 available place courses" button. Click that. It brings you to an instruction page. Progress past that and thats the page you want.

Ah, that solves it. Thank you. Havent been offered anything though....

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

I musn't have been offered anything.:p

That means I better go to bed. Back to repeating and doing study early again in the morning.... :)

Round 3, please, don't let me down. Even though I know you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

You may get it in round 5 though.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Yay!! I got my offer!!

Thank you so much, OP, for the pointer. I thought I was gonna be in for a sleepless night!

Saw Piranhas in 3D tonight and got onto Arts in Galway, so all in all, an EPIC night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Looks like I won't be getting an offer. Galway it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

YES.

Thank you OP, got my 1st choice :D:D Twice in fact for level 8 and level 7.

So happy because they never got my fetac results 1st round and i had to post them in last week.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZINNNGGGG.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Looks like i didn't get Pharmacy in RCSI.
    I swear to god that better not go down by 5 points meaning I missed it by random selection for the 2nd year in a row.
    If it did go down I'll march to the CAO head office to personally tell them what a sh*t system they have.
    Ahh well, cyas in 5 years, off to England I go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

So if your course isn't listed you're not in? :( No point in me getting up tomorrow then....*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Well for my 1st choice there is a OFFERED in capitals and red writing beside them for level 8 and level 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

snooleen wrote: »
    So if your course isn't listed you're not in? :( No point in me getting up tomorrow then....*sigh*

Don't lose hope, you could still get your first offer, snooleen!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

This is great thanks ColRyan :D even though i didnt get mine i can help sleepless friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

I got to the table...no OFFERED in big red writing :( So I'll just have to get up early anyway to register for modules and all that jazz I don't even moderately understand. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

law and politics, oh joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Back to repeating and doing study early again in the morning.... :)

There are... no words for how bad that thought is.

Advertisement