Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63dv gsm dialler and sensor issue

Options
  • 01-09-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi got my alarm installed 2 years ago it was prewired new house and one day realised one of our velux windows sensors was not working. Got up had a look and the installer had basically twisted the two wires together and stuck it in so it was basically doing nothing.

I fixed it but now the alarm goes off if I open this window after it's been set and cleared. So to clarify set alarm, clear it then open window the Alarm goes off. It works properly when set though so I'm not too sure what the issue is??
    I have a hunch the main unit doesn't recognise this one sensor as it was never installed anyway. My knowledge of alarms is nil so any pointers would be great!

Secondly we have no landline and are looking to get a gsm dialler installed to the current system but wondering what the cost/options/ possibility would be?? We have no landline we want it to text or dial more than 1 number aswell. Sorry for typos on me mobile

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Rafloution wrote: »
    Hi got my alarm installed 2 years ago it was prewired new house and one day realised one of our velux windows sensors was not working. Got up had a look and the installer had basically twisted the two wires together and stuck it in so it was basically doing nothing.

I fixed it but now the alarm goes off if I open this window after it's been set and cleared. So to clarify set alarm, clear it then open window the Alarm goes off. It works properly when set though so I'm not too sure what the issue is??
    I have a hunch the main unit doesn't recognise this one sensor as it was never installed anyway. My knowledge of alarms is nil so any pointers would be great!

Secondly we have no landline and are looking to get a gsm dialler installed to the current system but wondering what the cost/options/ possibility would be?? We have no landline we want it to text or dial more than 1 number aswell. Sorry for typos on me mobile

Cheers

Is it a Astec sensor he installed ?

There may be a cable or wiring issue with this sensor.

The dialer to mobile is expensive enough for this system, you would be looking at about €400. You would also need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. It can be connected to the DV to give you a prerecorded message to 4 phone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

It was an astec as far as I know. But all of our sensors are different I had an electrical around who I asked to take a look he messed aroundd but it's still the same. We have another window with exact same sensor and it works fine.

On the dialler is that price including install? Thanks

It was an astec as far as I know. But all of our sensors are different I had an electrical around who I asked to take a look he messed aroundd but it's still the same. We have another window with exact same sensor and it works fine.

On the dialler is that price including install? Thanks

If there is no cable issue it should work, is the resistor in the last sensor ?

Fitted you could add €50 on to the price.

I have never used this unit. You would probably need a trigger off the alarm with this device as there are no outputs on the DV. You could install a S22 to the alarm to give you the trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

seems to be operating as a tamper, not alarm

Sorry to bump this , I have been ringing aroud trying to get a quote for a GSM dialler and the companies are trying to sell me all sorts then just say they cant do what I want.

I had one company telling me the system is old and will pack up soon enough and he will give me a whole new system with monotoring for 700 quid.

I saw on another thread GSM isnt the best way to go, so need some all round advice please.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Astecs D2M (Dialler to Mobile) will work here.This unit converts a GSM line into a normal analouge line which can connect to your existing voice dialler. They cost around €350 .
    GSM jammers are freely available although there have not been too many instances of them been used on domestic properties.
    Re the window where it activates the alarm as soon as its opened . It sounds like this is not an Astec system sensor. Can you post a picture of it.?

Sorry to bump this , I have been ringing aroud trying to get a quote for a GSM dialler and the companies are trying to sell me all sorts then just say they cant do what I want.

I had one company telling me the system is old and will pack up soon enough and he will give me a whole new system with monotoring for 700 quid.

I saw on another thread GSM isnt the best way to go, so need some all round advice please.

If they tell you it wont work its because they dont know what they are talking about, it is a very simple unit that connects to the Astec panel. The Astec system is very reliable once installed correctly. For them to say you need a new alarm is a joke.

Advertisement