Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else shout at the telly while gambling?

Options
  • 01-09-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭

Just been told off for roaring at tennis players in the US Open.
    Yes, I'm fully aware that the players can't hear me in my kitchen from over 5000 miles away. But try as I might, I can't help offering profanities encouragement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Yes especially when watching football when you have a GS bet on and the player misses an easy chance or peno, very frustrating :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

So glad I'm not alone in my madness! I feel, well not normal exactly, but a little less like a looney now.

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I do it too, especially during football or the final 100 yards of a race that I'm watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Thank you! Fess up, my friends. I'm going to show this thread to the rest of my disgruntled house tomorrow so they can see my reactions are entirely slightly understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

If im waiting on a horse for a double or treble i go cracked roaring
    at the telly especially if a horse comes late with a run or goes
    off in front and tries to make all and likewise on the footie, if im waiting on one team to score then everytime someone has a shot on target i go cracked
    roaring at the telly.
    If there's no money on ill be as quiet as a mouse unless it some team
    beating man u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'd say my family are seriously considerng an intervention next week. You all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

At home alone or with my boys i do (my 2 year old loves the 'horsies' !), but it does piss me off a bit when in a bookies and some knob beside me starts shouting 'go on Ruby' as if his life depended on it, especially when he's not in a tight finish....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Football is the worst because it's over such a long length of time,it's almost excrutiating. 5 furlong races are quick and action packed,just like the shouting.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Been shouting a lot at the golf this year, choking idiots :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

ghosttown wrote: »
    At home alone or with my boys i do (my 2 year old loves the 'horsies' !), but it does piss me off a bit when in a bookies and some knob beside me starts shouting 'go on Ruby' as if his life depended on it, especially when he's not in a tight finish....

I work in a bookies and can't stand the people who constantly shout that shít.

I do sometimes shout at home with the football, depends on my mood and the type of bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

iMuse wrote: »
    Yes especially when watching football when you have a GS bet on and the player misses an easy chance or peno, very frustrating :mad:

Tell me about it, I almost lost my voice during the World Cup. Even more so when rubbish keepers have ****ed up my correct score bets.

"HOW DO **** DID YOU NOT SAVE THAT YOU USELESS *&£$^("$&)$" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I don't do it. After a race, match or painful golf play off all I usually have left to my name is my dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

At home I roar at the telly when I'm watching the football.
    It releases the tension.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

i would express my feelings such as AAAAAAAHHHHHH, FUCCK, YES! etc
    think actually shouting things at the telly is a bit silly, especially sentences telling them what they should have done, or "pass it to him" etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

'Shout'?

I've broken furniture :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

if ive big money on ill roar the house down and the gob****e of a next door neighbours if i can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hahaha you made me lawl naughto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

and with the ireland game on to day if i can get home to watch it while me polish neighbour suns him self in his back garden ill be roaring again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

of course I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

The Walsho wrote: »
    , depends on my mood and the type of bet.

This, if im on a losing streak sometimes i actually expect the horse to lose, eases the pain lol

Although last minute goals, beaten on the line after a **** ride, falling at the last etc are impossible not to get angry about.....plus ive smashed a few controllers playing FIFA at the gaff for money after a few beers :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement