Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Jobs near NUIG

Options
  • 01-09-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I was meant to be going back to college in a week's time but I found out today that I won't get the grant, meaning I can't go back without a part time job. I have roughly a week to find one or else I'm screwed!

Would anyone in the Galway area know of any part time work that's available NOW?

College depends on it so if anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Cathal O wrote: »
    9. STUDENT REQUIRED for companion at night for eldery lady, may suit mature student, accommodation near NUI and UCH, 4 or 5 nights a week, nominal fee. Apply to Box No. 299c.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

depends what they mean by "mature"...
    you have some competition for that job sir aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pinkygal

I was meant to be going back to college in a week's time but I found out today that I won't get the grant, meaning I can't go back without a part time job. I have roughly a week to find one or else I'm screwed!

Would anyone in the Galway area know of any part time work that's available NOW?

College depends on it so if anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Students union were looking for bar staff, go into their web and then into services and the ad is in there under one of those headings.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 star_123

Hi everyone,
    I know in Today's economic situation it is proving more and more difficult to find work. However, i am a student in NUIG and i feel i wont be able to afford college without a Part time job. I am really hard working and particularly good with children and love working with them! If anyone knows of any positions i would be so appreciative.
    Thanking You.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

aren't we all? :/ check out the college bar if you have any bar work. not too many jobs going around, i'm afraid :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055875337&highlight=jobs
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056018896

• Registered Users Posts: 11 veryoriginal

pinkygal wrote: »
    Students union were looking for bar staff, go into their web and then into services and the ad is in there under one of those headings.

Yea thanks, I went up to them just there but there's nothing going at all. They took my email address though so fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

threads merged. Mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pinkygal

Yea thanks, I went up to them just there but there's nothing going at all. They took my email address though so fingers crossed.

They'll probably start recruiting when all the students are back. Its easier to see who they need then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I heard karma are looking for bar staff and security, you could give that a go if you don't mind working nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Bazzo wrote: »
    I heard karma are looking for bar staff and security, you could give that a go if you don't mind working nights.

How do ya apply to karma anyways if its like all locked down during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Rob! wrote: »
    How do ya apply to karma anyways if its like all locked down during the day?

The Skeff/Karma are joined, I'd just apply through the skeff...

Advertisement