Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Kaysing - We Never Went To The Moon

Options
  • 01-09-2010 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

As this is the "Conspiracy Theories" forum I have seen that many people have heard of the Moon Landing theories.

I am not sure if anyone here has ever read the book "We Never Went To The Moon" by Bill Kaysing (known as the grandfather of Moon Hoax conspiracies.

If you have read the book, could anyone tell me if Kaysing makes any good arguments against the Apollo Missions, or is it all sloppy research and opinionated?

I would appreciate any replies because I am considering purchasing and reading this book, for any future aguments against conspiracy theorists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well considering many of the classic nonsense arguments come from him, i.e. the no stars thing, I would say you don't need to buy and read it.

http://www.clavius.org/kaysing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Alri well I'm sure you understand from my post that I AM a firm believer in that the Moon Landings were real.

I am sure buying this book won't convince me they were filmed in Area 51, but at least I can properly argue that none of the hoax evidence can stand up to the real proof Apollo happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

karaokeman wrote: »
    Alri well I'm sure you understand from my post that I AM a firm believer in that the Moon Landings were real.

I am sure buying this book won't convince me they were filmed in Area 51, but at least I can properly argue that none of the hoax evidence can stand up to the real proof Apollo happened.

What evidence? Look, buy the book, read it and discuss it here if that suits. The links posted above have been thrashed out here many times over and they don't amount to much.

Happy reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

karaokeman wrote: »
    As this is the "Conspiracy Theories" forum I have seen that many people have heard of the Moon Landing theories.

I am not sure if anyone here has ever read the book "We Never Went To The Moon" by Bill Kaysing (known as the grandfather of Moon Hoax conspiracies.

If you have read the book, could anyone tell me if Kaysing makes any good arguments against the Apollo Missions, or is it all sloppy research and opinionated?

I would appreciate any replies because I am considering purchasing and reading this book, for any future aguments against conspiracy theorists.

So you want to go to the effort of buying and reading a book just so you can argue with conspiracy theorists. No book needed my friend. Just keep asking them for proof and if they give you proof just say its not credible because they got it from the internet, and as we all know by now, the internet is always wrong and full of nutters:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

squod wrote: »
    What evidence? Look, buy the book, read it and discuss it here if that suits. The links posted above have been thrashed out here many times over and they don't amount to much.

Happy reading.

+1

Then on second thoughts, I don't think you're looking for evidence that the landings were fake. Seems more like you're looking for a chance to make this guy look like a tool. I reckon you've already made up your mind without even looking at the book's cover in the bookstore.

Fairly thinly-veiled attempt at starting a flame war? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement