Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lingual Braces

Options
  • 01-09-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently had an consultation with an orthodontist regarding lingual braces, the invisible ones that sit behind the teeth.. and was just hoping to get some advise on pricing etc.

I want to get both top and bottom teeth done, and was told it may take 18-24 months. The price for this was around €7000, which seems very steep. Am i as well getting this work done outside dublin? In fairness it is a very well established orthodontist and really sounds like he knows what hes talking about- so dont mind paying for a good service, but also dont want to get ripped off.

The lingual braces are the most expensive regardless- im advised.

Anyone offer advice on alternatives?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nh85

Hi im new to this so hopefully im doing this right, did u end up getting them?? as i have been told i need them now too and he seemed to be dancing around the cost, he ended up confusing me and not telling me in the end (even tho he is a great dentist) i went there tuesday and have been looking up rough prices for them and i have not seen a repeated price, yours seems very expensive though.

While i was researching, the rare prices i came across ranged from 4000 to 5000 which is why i started freaking out wen i saw your quote. I do need them as i definately do not want traintracks as i am 26 and in my line of work it would not look the best.

A reply would be great as i would really love to know did you check around for prices as i can only seem to find tons of info on the actual braces but not the average price in the Cork area :confused:

Advertisement