Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ECU Remap

Options
  • 01-09-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking at getting an Audi s3 remapped. Its the 210hp version. has anyone experienced issues with this before? On this car, or cars in general?

Also, i have heard of one that can be turned off, this still available?

What sort of power could i expect? Up around 250, or higher?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Do a search man there is a million & one threads about this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=14129186#

But also is its a quattro? Not sure it will be able to be done. Cos i don't who out there has a four wheel drive dyno.

Ring around these guys & ask:

www.autoremap.com
    www.sportchip.ie
    www.kcsystems.ie
    www.chippedire.com -> i know Joe doesnt but he might be the man for advice about where else to go.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Do a search man there is a million & one threads about this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=14129186#

But also is its a quattro? Not sure it will be able to be done. Cos i don't who out there has a four wheel drive dyno.

Ring around these guys & ask:

www.autoremap.com
    www.sportchip.ie
    www.kcsystems.ie
    www.chippedire.com -> i know Joe doesnt but he might be the man for advice about where else to go.

Quattro makes no difference to the remap, it just makes it harder to run it on a dyno to get accurate bhp figures.

they can be mapped very easily and they share the same engine as the 225bhp version S3 and also the 225bhp version of the TT.

the 210bhp version is just a toned down version of the same engine. once remapped it will yield approx 250-260bhp, axactly the same as the 225bhp engine, ie. after remapping a 210 & 225 engine, they outcome is the same, saving for minor alterations with condition of each engine etc

i have my S3 mapped, but it was done 5 years ago in the UK so im actually hoping to get it checked by an Irish tuner and maybe the remap re-done as im sure the remapping capabilities anr efare better than from a few years ago!

i would recommend joe in chippedirl or Martin in www.autoremap.ie depending on where you are of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

Chippedire is the only place i'd go,i know the were working on a new map for the S3 engine (know a mate who got one done and is chuffed)

Anal bit but S3's are 4motion not quattro.quattro is just the badge Audi use for 4wd cars not all cars badge quattro are necessarily quattro,The S3,TT and R8 for instance are all 4motion/haldex based.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Out of curiousity so if say Joe in urban performance were to do it would he have to disable the 4wd & then would the torque/bhp readings be off? Like maybe the % increase would be accurate but the results mightn't be representative of the car driving as a 4wd? Anyone familar with the mechanics of remapping a quattro/4motion on a 2 wheel dyno?

Well VAG cars aren't mapped like say jap cars its not live maping on a dyno,the are generic maps honed over time,no need for the dyno to map just plug the into the car and flash the ECU.

As for dyno runs on 4wd cars i never came across a dyno that could handle 4motion in this country so everytime i dyno'd my old bora i would dyno it in 2wd (a matter of pulling a simple 5amp fuse) this stopped the rear haldex clutch from engaging but the drive shaft etc still spun as normal so transmission losses were pretty close to real world conditions,on aqverage i lost about 60/70 bhp through the transmission loss where as a similar 2wd car (i've seen dyno results from the US lost 35/40 bhp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

These guys... http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/ re-mapped my Vectra to 210bhp... great service.. superb work.. very happy.

But they are UK only I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

tossy wrote: »
    Chippedire is the only place i'd go,i know the were working on a new map for the S3 engine (know a mate who got one done and is chuffed)

Anal bit but S3's are 4motion not quattro.quattro is just the badge Audi use for 4wd cars not all cars badge quattro are necessarily quattro,The S3,TT and R8 for instance are all 4motion/haldex based.

If we're being anal thats Wrong.. 4motion is the term (branding) vw use & has absolutely nothing to do with the system.

4motion is just a badge VW use.

VeVeX wrote: »
    If we're being anal thats Wrong.. 4motion is the term (branding) vw use & has absolutely nothing to do with the system.

4motion is just a badge VW use.

Thats why i typed "4motion/haldex" as most people wouldn't have a clue what haldex is but would recognize the generic term 4motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

tossy wrote: »
    Thats why i typed "4motion/haldex" as most people wouldn't have a clue what haldex is but would recognize the generic term 4motion.

4motion isnt a generic term its the VW branding which is my point. 4motion has no relevance. If your going to explain the differences between a traditional quattro system and the haldex system on Audis theres no point throwing in a VW term which imho few people are likely to know anyway.

VeVeX wrote: »
    4motion isnt a generic term its the VW branding which is my point. 4motion has no relevance. If your going to explain the differences between a traditional quattro system and the haldex system on Audis theres no point throwing in a VW term which imho few people are likely to know anyway.

You are splitting hairs now Keith and being pedantic :D maybe i explained it wrong or poorly but more people will know what you are taking about when you say 4motion compared to Haldex,especially considering most Irish Audi/VW dealers don't seem to know what haldex is themselves or how it should be maintained :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement