Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planners not responding to compliance documents submitted

Options
  • 31-08-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭

ok,
    Planning granted 3 years ago approx. immediately submitted required compliance documetation re alterations required etc. I first met with the planner & got her agreement on the compliance docs. All happy.
    Anyway, they never responded in writing until I now chased it up. Now it seems from their reply (3 years later) that the documetation wasnt sufficient due to half the documents not being scanned by them & the reply now being sent based on what is on scanned file. I have a feeling the complete documents are in the paper file & I will be checking this tomorrow. They are also now looking for much more detail re landscaping than was agreed by the planner at the time. Pretty **** situation.
    Just wondering if there is anything I can do re them not replying in a suitable fashion & now getting a different opinion from another planner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I regret I cannot be of assistance but I can confirm that I have had similar problems with 3 Munster local authorities.
    One where I submitted, as requested, proposals for water treatment plant prior to construction but could not get a reply in writing. This was holding up building work so started anyway.
    Another time, Certification that water tretment plant and percolation had been done properly was submitted to planning and no confirmation received.
    Another time a minor change to elevations had been made and we took the precaution of sending revised drawings to planning hoping they would confir all was OK under grant of permission but no letter received.

All the above were followed up with, tel calls, faxes and e-mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

You are in Mayo Mick arnt you, I've had similar problems with them although it didn't take three years just 1!!, I would call in to the office with a copy of the full set of what was agreed and submitted as compliance drawings three years ago, ask to see the head of planning administration and sit down with her and go through what was sent in and what is now on the file, she might be able to help you, she has helped me in the past on similar issues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks,
    Pain in the ass they are. Will be speaking to them this week.

Advertisement