Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St osiris day, 17th March

Options
  • 31-08-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

Sometimes this forum is like groundhog day, I dont think this has been posted before, but looking as I do into strange things I came across the freemasonic roots of st patricks day and it's repackaging to from ancient mystery religion to modern BS, just like isis/osiris=mary/jesus

I could type what I've read, but copy and paste will suffice.
    March 17 is the day generally believed to be the death of St. Patrick, the British-born missionary who is credited with converting Ireland to Christianity. And as I wrote in one of my first posts on this blog:
    In Egyptian mythology, Osiris was killed on the 17th day of Athyr, the third month of the ancient calendar.

3/17 is also the date of a Masonically-created holiday, St. Patrick’s Day. The story has it that the holiday was established by high level Freemason, George Washington, allegedly to reward Irish soldiers in the Continental Army. But “St. Paddy’s” has traditionally been a very minor Saint’s day in Ireland. Considering that the day has become America’s defacto Bacchanal (which takes us back to Osiris) it’s worth noting some of the parallels of this day with Solar mythology.

• Osiris was believed to be the source of barley, which was used for brewing beer in Egypt.

• It’s customary to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day and Osiris was known as the “Green Man”

• The root word of Patrick is pater, the Latin word meaning father. Osiris is the father in the Egyptian Trinity.
    Since then, I've been looking into the curious origin of this holiday and have found out some very interesting facts...

• This one's a shocker- St. Patrick's Day was originally celebrated by Protestant Loyalists in the British Army:

Their first meeting and dinner to honor St. Patrick was an expression of their Protestant faith as well as their intention to bond with fellow Irish émigrés. Their 1775 meeting included British soldiers of Irish extraction. All proceeded, or marched, to the King’s Chapel to hear a sermon devoted to the occasion, and then continued on to a dinner in King Street. British soldiers were still the big show of the first St. Patrick’s Day parade in New York City in 1762.

The first celebration in New York City was in 1756, at the Crown and Thistle tavern. Philadelphia held its first St. Patrick’s Day parade in 1771. General George Washington issued a proclamation during the Revolutionary War, declaring March 17, 1780 a holiday for the Continental Army, then stationed in Morristown, New Jersey, in honor of the many soldiers of Irish ancestry and those born in Ireland. It was reported that this was the first holiday granted the troops in two years. Washington’s remark that the proclamation was “as an act of solidarity with the Irish in their fight for independence,” was possibly the origins of St. Patrick’s Day in America as an expression of Irish nationalism as much as Irish heritage or of honoring a Christian saint.Since many lodges in Revolutionary-era America were chartered under the Grand Lodge of Ireland, I'm willing to bet those Irish soldiers were predominantly Freemasons (remember this is pre-Morgan Affair, when Freemasons were hardcore). To show how much a Masonic enterprise the American Revolution was, here's a list of the Freemasonic Generals in the Continental Army

Up until very recently, St. Patrick's Day was not a big deal in Ireland itself:
    In modern-day Ireland, St. Patrick's Day has traditionally been a religious occasion. In fact, up until the 1970s, Irish laws mandated that pubs be closed on March 17. Beginning in 1995, however, the Irish government began a national campaign to use St. Patrick's Day as an opportunity to drive tourism and showcase Ireland to the rest of the world. Last year, close to one million people took part in Ireland 's St. Patrick's Festival in Dublin, a multi-day celebration featuring parades, concerts, outdoor theater productions, and fireworks shows.
    • Modern Saint Patrick's Day shares both a date and a mandate with a far, far older holiday:
    St. Patrick's Day is also frequently a time for drinking. It used to be that this tradition was strung out for at least five days, the so-called seachtain na Gaeilage or "Irish week."

That may stem from Roman times, when March 17 started the festival of the Bacchanalia, a celebration to the deity Bacchus, to whom wine was sacred. In olden years long gone by, the Irish drank mead, made from fermented honey. You might do better today with a stout Guinness, preferably dyed green.

The Bacchanalia are well-documented in the historical record:

The bacchanalia were wild and mystic festivals of the Roman and Greek god Bacchus. Introduced into Rome from lower Italy by way of Etruria (c. 200 BC), the bacchanalia were originally held in secret and only attended by women. The festivals occurred on three days of the year in the grove of Simila near the Aventine Hill, on March 16 and March 17. Later, admission to the rites was extended to men and celebrations took place five times a month. According to Livy, the extension happened in an era when the leader of the Bacchus cult was Paculla Annia - though it is now believed that some men had participated before that.
    Of course, Bacchus/Dionysus is just the Greco-Roman reinterpretation of Osiris. And drinking of beer was sacred to the followers of Osiris, the Green Man:

In Egypt, beer was regarded as food. In fact, the old Egyptian hieroglyph for "meal" was a compound of those for "bread" and "beer". This "bread-beer meal" plus a few onions and some dried fish was the standard diet of the common people along the Nile at the time. Beer came in eight different types in Egypt. Most were made from barley, some from emmer, and many were flavored with ginger or honey. The best beers were brewed to a color as red as human blood. The Egyptians distinguished between the different beers by their alcoholic strength and dominant flavor. None other than the god of the dead, Osiris, was hailed as the guardian of beer, because to him grain - both emmer and barley - were sacred. The Egyptians believed that grain had sprung spontaneously from Osiris' mummy, as a gift to mankind and as a symbol of life after death. This was sufficient justification for the god-like pharaohs to turn brewing into a state monopoly and strictly license brewing rights to entrepreneurs and priests. Many temples eventually opened their own breweries and pubs, all in the service of the gods. The port of Pelusium at the mouth of the Nile became a large brewing center, and trading in beer became big business.

• This admixture of Egyptian festivities, Irish nationalism and Freemasonry might seem outrageous to some, but in fact it was part and parcel of Celtic culture before the rise of the Roman Church. Namely in the...

... religion of the Druids, as before said, was the same as the religion of the ancient Egyptians. The priests of Egypt were the professors and teachers of science, and were styled priests of Heliopolis, that is, of the City of the Sun. The Druids in Europe, who were the same order of men, have their name from the Teutonic or ancient German language; the German being anciently called Teutones. The word Druid signifies a wise man. In Persia they were called Magi, which signifies the same thing.

St. Patrick himself was believed to have driven the Druids of out of Ireland, but in fact druidry was merely incorporated into Celtic Christianity, which was distinct from other varieties and would remain so until forcibly changed on orders from Rome.

• And it seems that the festival of the death of Osiris shares much in common with another holiday that the Irish brought to America:

This universal illumination of the houses on one night of the year suggests that the festival may have been a commemoration not merely of the dead Osiris but of the dead in general, in other words, that it may have been a night of All Souls. For it is a widespread belief that the souls of the dead revisit their old homes on one night of the year; and on that solemn occasion people prepare for the reception of the ghosts by laying out food for them to eat, and lighting lamps to guide them on their dark road from and to the grave. Herodotus, who briefly describes the festival, omits to mention its date, but we can determine it with some probability from other sources. Thus Plutarch tells us that Osiris was murdered on the seventeenth of the month Athyr, and that the Egyptians accordingly observed mournful rites for four days from the seventeenth of Athyr.

And what of the corned beef and cabbage? In late antiquity the Apis bull was identified with Osiris. The Apis bull would be sacrificed and eaten in ritual feasts. Cabbage is grown in the winter months in Egypt and was used to control intoxication at feasts.

So it's official: all of our modern holidays in America are simply covert repackagings of ancient pagan festivals and the increasingly popular St. Patrick's Day is no different. The Church took the Bacchanalia away from the Irish and replaced it with a boring religious holiday and the old-school Freemasons used that to bring the Bacchanalia back, which we now understand traces back to Osiris. And Osiris brings us back to the ancient astronauts, which the later adaptations like Bacchus do not.

http://secretsun.blogspot.com/2008/03/not-so-secret-history-of-saint-patricks.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Aren't all feast days and festivals etc all repackaged to suit the times?

Nice post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

nullzero wrote: »

Exactly. The feasts are just christianised pre-christian celebrations moved 3 or 4 days the side of their original date.

Winter Solstice 21st Dec == Christmas 25th
    Spring equinox 21st march == Paddy's day 17th
    Etc etc, where's the conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Nice post.

Yes they are, all bulls finest from it's rectum, but I just threw it out there/here as an example.

I said it before and I say it again, hope your listening shakey, the freemasons control it all, the good, the bad, the left and right, above and below, the front and back, it's a great scheme, but mankind is the fallguy.

Exactly. The feasts are just christianised pre-christian celebrations moved 3 or 4 days the side of their original date.

Winter Solstice 21st Dec == Christmas 25th
    Spring equinox 21st march == Paddy's day 17th
    Etc etc, where's the conspiracy?

Erm in the first post

EDIT:
    The conspiracy is that these "Holy" days or whatever they call them are put here in our faces and people think that they are "HOLY" day's, when infact they are fukking glorifying ancinet mystery religion's.
    Put this in christianity and you'll soon find it thrown back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Well, apart from the fact that Paddy's day has nothing to do with Bacchanalia, it's not exactly a secret that these were originally pagan celebrations now is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Well, apart from the fact that Paddy's day has nothing to do with Bacchanalia, it's not exactly a secret that these were originally pagan celebrations now is it?

Yeah I thought this was well known and accepted, not a conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

uprising2 wrote: »
    Erm in the first post

EDIT:
    The conspiracy is that these "Holy" days or whatever they call them are put here in our faces and people think that they are "HOLY" day's, when infact they are fukking glorifying ancinet mystery religion's.
    Put this in christianity and you'll soon find it thrown back here.

I think most Christians know that religious festivals are in fact repackaged pagan and other festivals. Thats not exactly a secret.

Not every topic here is a conspiracy in itself.
    Many topics relate to conspiracy research and things that are of interest branching out from that.
    If this is a problem for you take it up with the site staff.

Yes they are, all bulls finest from it's rectum, but I just threw it out there/here as an example.

I said it before and I say it again, hope your listening shakey, the freemasons control it all, the good, the bad, the left and right, above and below, the front and back, it's a great scheme, but mankind is the fallguy.

I agree with what you say, but it's important to remember that the freemasons are just a vehicle themselves. freemasons aren't the whole web, just a strand.

Post it in christianity, see where your sent.

edit:
    Actually I will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Post it in christianity, see where your sent.

edit:
    Actually I will
    Ah now, you could have changed the tone of it if you wanted to do that, calling religion bull**** in the first line is hardly going to go down well in a Christianity forum.

I agree with what you say, but it's important to remember that the freemasons are just a vehicle themselves. freemasons aren't the whole web, just a strand.

The lower echelons are, the higher not, but I know what your saying.

Paddy's Day=Bacchanalia well in finglas anyway.

The bacchanalia were wild and mystic festivals of the Greek and Roman god Bacchus (or Dionysus). It has since come to describe any form of drunken revelry.

haha,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056018076

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67775309&postcount=2

Fanny Cradock
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Christianity

This is better suited to conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Aren't you the cheeky one!

Aren't you the cheeky one!

Fanny I meant no disrespect, honestly, but I was just pointing out that it would eventually find it's way to CT, I believe in the same God as you do, but you must sort the truth from false reality.

The Lion/Lamb from Revelations says "Pray to God", so I take that as "Praying to GOD ALMIGHTY", no middle man!.

I'm off to Meteora , Greece on thursday morning, doing a little bus ride around south east europe, will be in Istanbul maybe, Odrin, Bourgas, if I can I'll make my way to Pathmos, just to be there and say I have. So I'll be visiting many ancient places with a part to play in modern theology.
    gr--meteora.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

The reference to drinking is just lazy stereo typing, do you not think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Where's the conspiracy? Even before the pagan religions were organised in any way, farmers copped that at certain times the weather changed, the crops started to seed, or the leaves on trees started to turn brown. This was a worldwide thing, and they marked it with a festivals cos they didnt exactly have Microsoft outlook2003 with its trusty calender in 5000 BC. So what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I think most Christians know that religious festivals are in fact repackaged pagan and other festivals. Thats not exactly a secret.
    Count me in on this one. I'm pretty sure the first time I noticed was when I learned more about Halloween and All Saint's Day / All Soul's Day. Actually I think we were taught that in school. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

People didn't use the current calendar thousands of years ago so how can all this be? Bacchanalia may well have taken place in early spring, and the birth of Mithra in mid-winter, but you can't substitute ancient festivals with Christian ones date for date.

St Patrick = the Green Man Osiris

Ireland is really Egypt :rolleyes: (pity we don't have the weather :mad:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Where's the conspiracy? Even before the pagan religions were organised in any way, farmers copped that at certain times the weather changed, the crops started to seed, or the leaves on trees started to turn brown. This was a worldwide thing, and they marked it with a festivals cos they didnt exactly have Microsoft outlook2003 with its trusty calender in 5000 BC. So what?
    True though I would disagree as far as the calender part goes. They had very accurate calenders back then. You don't have to go further than county meath to see calenders still accurate 5000yrs later. This is where the notion of something like xmas day being the 25th and near enough to the solstice to suit falls flat on its arse. Near enough wasn't good enough for such fervent heavens watchers and measurers.

As has been said many previous religions celebration days and holy sites and ceremonies were reused by later religions. Its been going on long before Jesus was a boy.

Druids we know precious little about. Julius Caesar gives us some clues, but the religion and its secrets were very closely guarded by its adherents. It had feck all to do with the Egyptian religion or its priests. Oul Julius would have noted the comparison if there was one for a start.

Patrick does not spring from pater/father. It comes from Patrician/noble. Different word. How he would have sounded and spelled it is Patricius which makes the root more clear.

The boiled beef and cabbage thing is well a bit daft.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭IceMaiden

Another interesting thread, demonstrating not all see the same & not all have recognised what has been adjusted to fit the needs of the time.

One of the easily recognisable Christian symbols is a cross possibly originating from the Ankh [a cross with a looped top] also the five pointed star originally used to decorate the temples of Ishtar & Inanna abundantly found in ancient tombs & pyramids etc. Then the Horus child seated on its mother Isis lap much like the later Christian Madonna & child.

According to Professor Faulkner some hieroglyphics tell of a sacred knowledge or esoteric wisdom that are the earliest yet to be found, These ancients hieroglyphics & symbolisms are all embracing , exerting influence throughout history to the modern era. He states it was the ethnic & sole spiritual source for Judaism, the precursor of Christianity & Islam.

The goddess in Inanna Sumeria 3500BC , had a list of names The virgin queen of heaven, Light of the world, Morning Star, Forgiver of Sins.

Christianity was a most powerful force uniting people & nations during the period that the roman empire declined & the western civilisations emerged. From living in one empire to living in another .
    Constantine the Great emperor of Rome made Christianity “religion licta “ an approved religion. He convened the council of Nicea in 325 CE.
    Even the church buildings & sites of East-West alignment & east alter sightings are reflective of a pagan past.

Christianity adapted in many ways blending the old with the new, Easter was once Astarte [Phoenician goddess of love & fertility]
    The feast of St john the Baptist replaced what was a pagan equinox celebration.
    The winter equinox was amalgamated with the birthday of Mithras to become the feast of Christmas.
    The Mithra legend tells of shepherds at the birth, & that he did numerous good deeds & also celebrated a last supper with them before rising up into heaven. Ring any bells.
    Adapt & change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

Christianity, and especially Catholicism, are pagan religions concealed as something entirely different. The Pope is simply the current Emperor of the Roman Empire, the representation of God on Earth.

The concept of the Father (Zeus), and the mortal Son of God ("Jesus", Heracles, Pollox, Castor, Helen of Troy, etc) is a fundamental pagan Roman belief.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus#Consorts_and_children

The Holy Roman Empire was simply the transition from the old Roman Empire and the concealment of the true nature of the Roman Catholic Church. Christians and Catholics are actually worshiping pagan gods and don't ever realize, or refuse to accept this fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Wibbs wrote: »
    True though I would disagree as far as the calender part goes. They had very accurate calenders back then. You don't have to go further than county meath to see calenders still accurate 5000yrs later. This is where the notion of something like xmas day being the 25th and near enough to the solstice to suit falls flat on its arse. Near enough wasn't good enough for such fervent heavens watchers and measurers.

As has been said many previous religions celebration days and holy sites and ceremonies were reused by later religions. Its been going on long before Jesus was a boy.

Druids we know precious little about. Julius Caesar gives us some clues, but the religion and its secrets were very closely guarded by its adherents. It had feck all to do with the Egyptian religion or its priests. Oul Julius would have noted the comparison if there was one for a start.

Patrick does not spring from pater/father. It comes from Patrician/noble. Different word. How he would have sounded and spelled it is Patricius which makes the root more clear.

The boiled beef and cabbage thing is well a bit daft.

To quote Spinal Tap "nobody knows whot hey were, or wot they were doing".
    The corned beef and cabbage is an from Irish immigrants in the US. Either they could only afford crap beef or they were in jewish neighbourhoods which didn't sell pork so they went for the corned beef.

Advertisement