Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy wine yeast online?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

There used to be a place in Cork I could get yeast from, but it seems to have vanished - does anyone know of any online sources of wine/champagne/port yeast that deliver to Ireland? I've used bread yeast in the past, but it's not ideal!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There's a good selection from any of the Irish online suppliers, like TheHomebrewCompany.ie and HomeBrewWest. If you're just getting yeast they'll generally post it rather than stick you with full delivery costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 123MEE

bestbrew.ie are useless, steer clear!!!!! the guy let me down on a couple of deliveries; he actually led me to believe during numerous phone enquiries he had dispatched my order and blamed the courier on the delays...the dispatch note with the eventual delivery proved he blatantly mislead me. TUT TUT :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Thanks very much! I don't know why Google couldn't help me here, but I've been looking, off and on, for about a year without success - should have known to ask you lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    If you're just getting yeast they'll generally post it rather than stick you with full delivery costs.

The home brew company offer €5 to all 32 counties for orders under €30, and free shipping over 30 euro. Its worth checking to see if you need some additional ingredient/equipment to get this offer.

Advertisement