Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do 3 business subjects?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi i'm in 5th year now and I've chosen economics, accounting and chemistry.
    I got an A's in business for the jc and in xmas and summer exams in 4th year.
    I don't really want to do chemistry anymore so should i switch to business studies?
    I dont know what i want to do in college yet but if i did all business subjects could i still do a science course in ucd or trinity?
    Thanks!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You have to do at least one science subject to do a science course. Trinity requires two, although it will accept geography and higher level maths.

But really, if you don't even want to do a science subject at leaving cert level, what are the chances of you wanting to do an entire degree based around science?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Detanon

Well i'm mainly thinking of switching just because it'd be easier for me to get points. but now i'm also thinking about doing home economics, does that count as a science subject??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

If you like it, and find studying it relatively easy, Chemistry is a relatively easy course. Although there's obviously questions on separate areas of the course, a lot of it combines and once you've studied it well, quite a few answers to questions will just be "Chemistry common knowledge"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

You should choose subjects you enjoy that you feel you can excel at. I think those three are sensible choices.

Advertisement