Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Glass for Front Door

Options
  • 31-08-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can but some glass for a font door? I managed to break the glass in the font door the other day and I'm thinking of putting in some new glass myself. Does anyone know where you can but some toughened glass in the Dublin 5 (ish) area?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Does anyone know where I can but some glass for a font door? I managed to break the glass in the font door the other day and I'm thinking of putting in some new glass myself. Does anyone know where you can but some toughened glass in the Dublin 5 (ish) area?

Is it a single pane?

Most of the glass in recently modern houses are double paned and have argon gas (i think its called argon) between to prevent heat loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

As snyper mentioned, its more than likely D/glazed. With regards to toughned, laminated would be cheaper/ quicker as far as I know. There is a crowd called Lynch's in Baldoyle Ind's but you will need to know the thickness/ and size.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

Sorry, must have forgotten to subscribe to my own thread. It is a single pane, quite an old door really. Ordered a pane from Regency Glass in Marino. Had to wait a few days for delivery in order to get toughened glass. Cost 80 Euros... which I though was a little steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

what size was the glass and was it clear or did it have a pattern on it

Advertisement