Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anybody get the grant yet?...+ Grant question

Options
  • 31-08-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

and say now if there were 3 children from 1 family going to college applying for grants...if i had my grant application 100 completed and correct and sent away already, but my brother and sister still havnt theres in and by the looks of things there forms are wrong, does my application have to wait untill they get theres in or whats the story?

In othere words, if mine is sent away with out theres, will i get mine earlier or will the sec have to wait to see all 3 together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

You wont get your first payment for a while. It always gets delayed. Sorry cant answer the second question.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There should be no reason for a delay in the processing of your grant if you have all the paperwork correct and submitted. Grants are always delayed. you'll be lucky to have it by November.

Some people in Dublin last year were still waiting after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I've gotten the letter saying I've got it, but of course I don't actually have the money in my hand. I don't know how I'll get by until I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 imissmyboo

tigerblob wrote: »
    I've gotten the letter saying I've got it, but of course I don't actually have the money in my hand. I don't know how I'll get by until I do!

hi, can you ell me where you applied please? i aplied to limerick county council the day the applications were out with all the relevent forms and still have not heard :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I got the letter saying I got it too. The actual money itself is another matter. The delays in getting it out caused a lot of people to drop out last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

it should be sometime at the end of october but in reality you're looking at mid-late november for the first instalment. some councils/vecs are better/worse than others. some people didn't even get it til the end of the year, or so i was reading in the paper :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I'm living in Galway and most people I know didn't get theirs till March, even my brother and we sent his off really early to make sure we'd get it on time. They really delay giving the money out as long as possible, it's despicable.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Its not about delaying the money, its that they cannot actually process the huge amount of forms. The grant installments are normally received around the end of October and in January, but I know in Cork county there are only six people working in the grants office, and the lack of staff causes huge delays!

@user12 - how can their forms be wrong? Ye should all be working off the same figures and information??

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

imissmyboo wrote: »
    hi, can you ell me where you applied please? i aplied to limerick county council the day the applications were out with all the relevent forms and still have not heard :mad:

I applied to Roscommon County Council, so I'm lucky, I doubt there are very many people applying. I applied the same day as well, I had it all ready and organised to go. I'm really worried with all the talk of delays, even mid October isn't soon enough, don't know what I'm going to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 imissmyboo

tigerblob wrote: »
    I applied to Roscommon County Council, so I'm lucky, I doubt there are very many people applying. I applied the same day as well, I had it all ready and organised to go. I'm really worried with all the talk of delays, even mid October isn't soon enough, don't know what I'm going to do :(

ok thanks. yeh day hopefully will hurry up dont know why the dont hire people during this time, theres plenty out there looking for work >:( fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

imissmyboo wrote: »
    ok thanks. yeh day hopefully will hurry up dont know why the dont hire people during this time, theres plenty out there looking for work >:( fingers crossed!

perhaps the embargo on hiring in the public sector has something to do with it....

Advertisement