Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lee to present The Business

Options
  • 31-08-2010 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Gaawd! Did nobody in Montrose listen to his p1ss poor attempt during the summer? He's NOT a radio presenter. He's a journalist(and a good one) and an economist. He has no sense of humour. He's just not the man for the job. I felt embarrassed for him while he did that summer business show as he sounded so uneasy himself.
    George Lee will present a new season of RTÉ Radio 1's 'The Business' from September 4th. The series follows on from his show 'Mind Your Business' which ran over the summer and will focus on personal finance matters.
    In the new season Lee promises to get under the skin of major business stories in an accessible way.
    He said of the show: "I am really looking forward to this new challenge. These are tough economic times, where the world of business affects everyone. People are constantly searching for new ways to improve their finances, for new business ideas, and for new insights into how unfolding global and local economic events will affect them. "The Business" will aim to address all these issues."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Gaawd! Did nobody in Montrose listen to his p1ss poor attempt during the summer? He's NOT a radio presenter. He's a journalist(and a good one) and an economist. He has no sense of humour. He's just not the man for the job. I felt embarrassed for him while he did that summer business show as he sounded so uneasy himself.

Dead right Lenny he was painfull ! I would have thought Conor Brophy was perfect for this show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

These fellas land on their feet after a good cry.......
    George Lee..Boo Hoo I dont like politics ! There there, heres your cushy job back !

Charlie Bird.. Boo Hoo, I dont like America ! There there, Heres your cushy job back !

Makes me bleedin sick this cushy jobs for life club. ..End Rant.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Well that's me gone from the show's listenership :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Well that's me gone from the show's listenership :(

Giving up on George without giving him a real chance.. ?? How ironic..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

will they be podcasting that show? stick it on mp3 for when im going to bed. his dull voice be sure to send me to sleep quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Giving up on George without giving him a real chance.. ?? How ironic..
    Now, I hope you're not referring to Mr Lee's ability to last the pace. He wasn't allowed to be the boss in Fine Gael so he left and went back to his even cushier job in RTE. It's no problem, they all get paid from the same public purse just a different part!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

He must be a busted flush in broadcasting at this stage now his political leanings are clear for all to see. Going from poacher to gamekeeper back to poacher again will not work!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The only reason that he got this show is that RTÉ haven't got a notion what else they can do with him. Without it he'd be sitting in RTÉ getting his wage for doing nothing (which I would prefer tbh, he's not in any way suited to this type of show).

I have no connection or interest in business, but I listened to Murray most Saturdays. I can't listen to Lee at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

More proof that if you hang around long enough in Planet Montrose there'll always be a job...

Interesting though that this will be an "independent production" for RTE. Its going to be made by a company called Old Yard

More on them here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

George commenting this morning on his former leader's remarks in Davros during the week... I guess the period of decontamination is over?

• Advertisement
Advertisement