Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois angling center

Options
  • 31-08-2010 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Laois angling center guys whats the story with this.
    Have not fly fished for over 15 years is the fishing soft?
    also 2 coarse lakes is there decent pike in it?
    tips for flys nymphs would be great
    Appreciate any feedback if any 20 years since i caught a rainbow whats my chances:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

I have fished it several times or be it a lot earlier in the year, always had plenty of fish especially on dries, have no idea how it is fishing at the moment. If you use small shuttlecock buzzers you won't go far wrong. Let us know how you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 minkman

does anyone know of a lake of 1.5 to three acres for sale in dublin, wicklow, or kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I am hoping to head over to Laois this bank holiday weekend for a spot of fly fishing.

Looking at the website, the place seems to have good facilities and well stocked.

I'll keep ye posted on how I got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

Yeah that would be great Experimentor, have fished it a bit but never this late. Will be interesting to see how you get on. John the owner put in over 800 fish between 3 and 8lb last April and they were class fish. Interesting to see if they have grown on. Last time there we had over 140 fish between two on lures and egg patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Thanks Gary,

Sounds good.

Hopefully the weather will stay fine, I might bring the camera along and get a few pics also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement