Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gateway Student Accomodation

• 31-08-2010 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey guys, me and 2 friends were looking into the Gateway student place and it seems pretty nice, but I hear its beside the Ballymun flats. The only thing I'm really nervous about is the general area that DCU is located in, so I was wondering can anybody tell me what the Gateway accomodation is like. Should I be worried about living near/ in Ballymun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

2j8xau.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Ha ha ha worrys off my mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

Gateway definitely is in Ballymun but it's grand - the area is a lot quieter than it used to be and the new Garda station right outside the front door probably helps a lot too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Dcu is located in a lovely area, it a residential area and its safe.
    The apartments are in Ballymun but you will be able to walk to the college. If its raining or your lazy you can get the number 4 bus (I cant remember the others).
    If your interested, ye should ring about viewing the accommodation. This will give you a better idea about location etc.

Have you checked the Shanowen hall or Shanowen square apartments? They are a popular choice for 1st years so i would imagine they would be booked up fast.
    Good luck:)

Ha ha thanks for the actual replys. I did check Shanowen but sadly cannot afford the 150ish price tag! I got a place with mates in gateway and a few others are living there too so should be a good crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ElSeano93

It's grand dude,I moved into the gateway a few days ago,1st years go in block F,the only view out the window is the flats,but theres a lovely view from the bedroom windows.

And also there's nobody in the flats any more,the gateway is in a really nice area,gym across the road,supervalu 30 seconds down the road,loose on the rules,great shtuff!

Awh savage mate good to know all the 1st years go into a certain block, hopen for a few partys.

sure if you ever see me and/or my twin outside the block f door having a smoke (we're both smokers,don't have a balcony) then say hello!

I'm locked off me head man non over block d and av a chAt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Andy, ya wouldn't happen to be from Wicklow? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 UndertheMatt

1st year, Block G, the place to be...

Anyone elses internet just randomly crashing some days?

I am indeed from Wicklow and how would ya be knowing that now ha ha?

Awh block G? ****e were in Block C i think

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RyDar

heard a big party goin on in blockg there on the top floor,I'm in the appartment beside it,elseano93 is my twin brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 UndertheMatt

RyDar wrote: »
    heard a big party goin on in blockg there on the top floor,I'm in the appartment beside it,elseano93 is my twin brother!

Yeah, thursday night ye?

Alex came and told us ta turn off the music?!

Alex the tall security lad?
    He is mad sound. As long as you keep things down your on good terms I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Don't mind anyone else here OP, they're only trying to lure you there so they can rob and/or stab you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 danielle1

hey im in block f...
    havent really had time to make friends?
    ha if there's a party on i wanna know haha!

block f for the win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 danielle1

yeah but its kinda boring around here ha theres no one ever really around ha?

Ah it's quiet enough but I'd say itl liven up and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Looks like I might be moving in soon! Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RyDar

I'm thinking everyone should go out onto the green some night and have a few cans! If Alex starts givin' out we'll give him a few beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ginginshine

RyDar wrote: »
    I'm thinking everyone should go out onto the green some night and have a few cans! If Alex starts givin' out we'll give him a few beers!

i second that !

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sephiroth_vg

Is the belfey.any good ? They are quite cheap n just down the road

I know it's generally frowned upon to bump threads, but i figured bumping a zombie thread would make more sense than creating a new one for a fairly small question.

I was wondering if anyone on here with a bit of local knowledge could point out Block G to me? Preferably on Google Maps or with Coordinates? Have to go to Block G at some point over the weekend but can't seem to find much on Google Maps when i search for the place.

I get a few options like gateway place, gateway crescent, etc. but the address I'm looking for is "Block G, The Gateway, Ballymun Avenue, Dublin 9" which doesn't match up with those.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers :)