Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Cuba during Huricane Season

Options
  • 30-08-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

I am travelling to Cuba (Varadero) next week for 2 weeks. Ive seen a lot of news regarding hurricanes and if Google Earth is anything to go by it looks like there will be quite a few of them over the comming weeks. Should I be worried?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I just got back from a two week backpacking trip in Cuba last week. Had nothing but great weather, bar a few heavy showers, which didn't last more than half an hour. Looking at the weather forecast while I was there, I was expecting thundershowers non stop.

You should have mostly good weather, but expect a few storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Johnnyb101

Thats great, thanks, all the cuban weather sites show 30+ degrees every day and clear skies with the odd Thunderstorm.

As hurricane Earl is not too far away at the moment would flights be cancelled or would they try fly around a hurricane?

I'm not too sure about flights to be honest. Best just keep checking the airline and airport websites. Where are you flying from?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Johnnyb101

Were flying from Gatwick. its a direct flight to Varadero. Theres a hurricane located at the Virgin Islands at the moment but all of the flights according to http://www.gatwickairport.com/flights/departures/ are all on time to the likes of Montego Bay?

They must be able to fly around it.

thanks for your help on this, if there flying out now im sure they will be flying out next week.

Cheers :cool:

No problem. Hope it works out for ya! It's a beautiful country, you'll enjoy it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement