Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAPTOP !?...Do we need one?..What/Wheres the cheapest/best place to get one??

Options
  • 30-08-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

do we have to pay for the ones in college?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MadRush

We?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭user12

I !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Not really. Laptops are apparently handy, but not at the start of the year.
    I imagine it isn't a necessity though, you could do the work somewhere else if needs be. But you'll get better answers ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

if your living away from home, and don't want to always be waiting for a computer in the library, then YES.

Any essays or assignments you hand up are typed. Any lecturer I know refuse handwritten. even then you have all your information coming by college email, you might need to do presentations, notes will be online.
    Assuming you don't need special software a cheap one is fine.

All you mostly need is office software, manly just the word processor, which usually comes with a bought computer. Otherwise you may have a computer literate freind who can "find" you what you need.

If your really stuck Open Office is free online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Pretty sure the reason most wont accept handwritten is because they cannot be checked for plagiarism well unless of course the lecturer fancies typing out your entire work into a word processor.

Advertisement