Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residency requirement for the higher education grant

Options
  • 30-08-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I was wondering if anyone else has been affected by the new requirement that you must be a resident for 3 out of the last five years in order to qualify for a grant, under your parents. To be more precise I would like to know if people have been affected by the late publication of this?

I personally have been refused a grant because I am 5 months short of the 3 years but if i had been told about this requirement when I made enquiries to the council when i applied for my course I would have complied with the rules and returned home in February.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Not so sure that its a new requirement.

Maintenance grant requires you to have resided at home for three of the past five years.

Free Fee's requires you to have resided in an EU state for three of the past five years.

Advertisement