Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants / Fees - help.

Options
  • 30-08-2010 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Not sure if this is in the right place...

I got my letter from college today and it said about registering and fee's.

I'm waiting to hear back about my grant application so I don't wanna pay anything yet. Does the grant cover both registration & fee's?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

I'm waiting to hear back about my grant application so I don't wanna pay anything yet. Does the grant cover both registration & fee's?

Thanks.

Not sure why i'm helping a Pats fan ;)

Is your college of choice a Private college? (Grifith,DBS Ect..)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

College college or secondary-school/college?

If you have applied for a third level grant, you can still pay the registration fee and if you are awarded a grant it will be refunded to you by the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

Not sure why i'm helping a Pats fan ;)

Is your college of choice a Private college? (Grifith,DBS Ect..)

:D you haven't helped me yet!

DIT , just wanna get all the stuff sorted as soon as I can:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

if this is your first time doing an undergrad, you will have free fees regardless of the grant (i don't what the case is if you have to repeat a year)
    the grant exempts you from paying the €1,500 registration fee but not any other levy that is payable. you can pay the €1,500 now and when you present the grant acceptance letter to your fees office, you will be refunded it. could take a while though. mine took til after january. :rolleyes: typical college

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

You will be grand Dylan Don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Thanks.

If you are an Irish citizen your college tution is paid by the state, the registration fee of €1500 is paid by you, if you qualify for a grant, then the VEC pay it, however if you do not have a grant letter when you start and you pay, when you do get the grant the €1500 is paid back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

Thanks peoples:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

If you have to pay full fees, can it be done in installments? Like half now and half in January or something? Or do they require you to pay the whole lot in one go? Furious with how long its taking some colleges to send out their info.. especially when they are saying students need to start September 13th! Like hello people? Doesnt give much time to get everything sorted in one week considering we've been waiting all summer for offers and such!

Advertisement